Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ospray

2.5% vs 5%?

I just picked up some 5% panoxyl brand benzoyl peroxide and I was wondering if it really is going to be too over drying (I have dry skin to begin with) or if there isn't much of a difference. I didn't see any in 2.5% so I may have to go elsewhere if that is recommended.

Has anyone been on the 5%?

if you haven't opened the product I would consider returning it. Panoxyl bp is considered by most to be more irritating than other brands. I have used 2.5% Panoxyl with no problem but have prefered other brands like Benxac and Dan's gel. The 5% will be more irritating but no more effective than the lower strength option.

if you haven't opened the product I would consider returning it. Panoxyl bp is considered by most to be more irritating than other brands. I have used 2.5% Panoxyl with no problem but have prefered other brands like Benxac and Dan's gel. The 5% will be more irritating but no more effective than the lower strength option.

see if they will order in a 2.5% tube for you. Where are you based btw? If we know then we can make suggestions on what to buy/try.

I'm sure they won't at this place but I can probably return and get something elsewhere (or check for another brand, this one was just cheaper).

I'm in Canada.

It must be a Canadian thing because I didn't see 2.5% anywhere. If panoxyl is supposed to be harsh maybe trying another brand at the same strength will be different?

ahaha i did the exact same thing as you man, i got panoxyl 5% and it's killing my face with dryness but i also didn't find any 2.5% BP so whatever it's all good...for now eusa_wall.gif

it looks like a 2.5% panoxyl gel is available in canada. You could also consider ordering over the net and getting neutrogena on the spot or dan's gel.

getting neutrogena on the spot cost just about os much as dan's bp, but dan's bp doesn't leave white flakes, and it's 8 times the size for just about the same price biggrin.gif

just because they say it is 'available' doesn't mean it is readily available wink.gif

I will check the net.

I used a 5% BP gel that was "aqua" based for a long time. It made my skin way too dry compared to on-the-spot or Dan's BP. Also I got pimples more frequently with the 5% compared to Dan's BP. I would suggest ordering Dan's BP cool.gif

i use 10 % tineted :/

my face has gotten used to it

and im very clear, the tint is good to coverup marks

i use clearasil acne foam wash with 2% SA

and then use the 10% and then moisturize with cetaphil

may sound harsh but it works for me

only prob is my face gets kinda oily...

but it was oily with 2.5 % too