Notifications
Clear all

Eye Makeup Remover Recommendations?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/23/2013 9:04 am

My skin used to be pretty okay, in fact last summer I thought I was pretty much clear, but since using the acne.org regmin, my skin has just reacted terribly to it. Fast forward to now - my skin is super sensitive to a lot of products, even ones that I used to use. I've switched up most of my routine to suit the current state of my skin, but the only thing I need to find is a good eye makeup remover.

I used to use Balea/Ponds/St.Ives makeup remover wipes but I don't think they were very good for my skin. Then I switched to using the liquid ones, like Nivea, Lancome, Loreal, Sephora, but I haven't used those in a while so I'm not sure what that'll do to my skin. I've tried using jojoba oil, but I find that makes me break out in the areas surrounding my eye, like my temples or even my brow bone. I'd like something more "natural" and preferably not an oil, since I don't wear waterproof eye makeup anyway. Any suggestions would be lovely! :)

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 09/23/2013 10:51 am

I like Simple's make up remover wipes :)

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 09/23/2013 11:01 am

Same problem here . So I switched to the Clinique Lash Power Mascara that is really ultra resistant, unless you take it off simply with water warmer than 38 Celsius. Yes, it is that simple. This way it will just easily come off when you do the regimen wash. Or just use a cotton pad with warm water. It really works.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/23/2013 9:57 pm

It sucks that jojoba oil breaks you out. I love the stuff for removing makeup.

Give the Neutrogena makeup wipes a shot. I love those. The have oil free ones that I like.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/24/2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I'll check'em out :)

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/24/2013 5:57 pm

I was going to suggest ponds evening soothe..is that the one you used to use? I found the regular ponds too harsh for my skin, and I actually switched to the evening soothe ones because my skin was reacting to other wipes like korres.

MemberMember
(@spokeydokey)

Posted : 09/26/2013 9:47 am

Have you tried using anything like Pond's cold cream instead of the wipes? To me, it seems to do a more effective job than the wipes do, without leaving behind any residue.

On the other hand, if you really prefer the wipes, the Yes To Carrots brand makes a few different varieties. They're pretty affordable and are mostly organic.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/27/2013 6:09 pm

I was going to suggest ponds evening soothe..is that the one you used to use? I found the regular ponds too harsh for my skin, and I actually switched to the evening soothe ones because my skin was reacting to other wipes like korres.

No, I haven't used the evening soothe, I think I just used the regular one. I will look into it, thanks!

Have you tried using anything like Pond's cold cream instead of the wipes? To me, it seems to do a more effective job than the wipes do, without leaving behind any residue.

On the other hand, if you really prefer the wipes, the Yes To Carrots brand makes a few different varieties. They're pretty affordable and are mostly organic.

Hmm, I have the cold cream but I rarely use it these days because my skin isn't that dry anymore. I did use it when my skin got super flakey while using BP and it seemed to do the trick without breaking me out. It seems kind of a funny substance to use as a makeup remover though. Do you just dab it onto your skin and then wipe it off with a cotton pad? I have no preference really, just whatever doesn't break me out haha. I've heard of Yes To Carrots a couple time but I've never seen it in stores (I'm from Canada). Have I just missed it or is it something that you order online? Thanks for the suggestions :)

MemberMember
(@spokeydokey)

Posted : 09/27/2013 11:40 pm

For the cold cream, I usually just massage it in all over my face and wipe it off with a warm, damp washcloth. It's not quite as effective if you use waterproof products though. The Yes to Carrots is available online, at both [Removed]