Notifications
Clear all

(New) Constant Problems With My Nose!

MemberMember
(@knox1992)

Posted : 09/23/2013 7:31 am

Im new on here so go lightly :3

Last November I started to get raised very red angry bumps on my nose, just one at a time. They lasted for average a week at a time sometimes came to a whitehead and were popped and went completely after 2 days. Sometimes they didnt go for upto 2 weeks and never came to a head. I started using a cleansing lotion in the morning and purifying lotion at night aswell as washing with an exfoliater both AM & PM. The bumps seemed to quiet down a bit and had maybe one a month if that recently. I switched to a mens face wash, Loreal Charcoal, and It made my nose its natural colour after I had used it and for a couple of months I didnt have many problems. But this past week i came up with THREE spots on my nose. One whitehead which was dealt with but 2 other 'bumps' which make the whole end of my nose inflammed and feel tight. I do suffer from blackheads alot also, I get them everyday even after washing my face I'll get more an hour later! My diet is good and I drink water everyday and plenty of it, Excercise atleast 4 times a week.

My current routine is:

AM

Charcoal Scrub

Cleanser/Toner

Soap & Glory Clear Here Moisture Lotion (some mornings)

PM

Charcoal Scrub

Cleanser

Toner

I get no spots anywhere else on my face apart from the odd small ones on my chin but they go the same day.

How can I prevent these bulbus spots/bumps and how can I get rid of them quicker?

MemberMember
(@knox1992)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:38 am

Really need some suggestions :(

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/24/2013 11:03 am

You can do home salicylic acid peels. These are much stronger than any face wash / exfoliating scrub.

MemberMember
(@cynthiamarietv)

Posted : 09/24/2013 1:44 pm

Try a stronger exfoliater maybe! I love my Neutrogena Microdermabrasion at home kit! Its perfect! Cleared away my blackheads within one week wink.png*Moderator edit, URL removed “ please read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@knox1992)

Posted : 09/24/2013 2:44 pm

Try a stronger exfoliater maybe! I love my Neutrogena Microdermabrasion at home kit! Its perfect! Cleared away my blackheads within one week wink.png

I don't think I'm able to get that in UK sad.png

Been a man I get bored easily messing about with potions just need something to keep those blackheads out really, I'll try a better exfoliator. But as acid's go and that side of things I have sensitive skin and before when I have used nose strips my nose goes very red and seem to get a large raised red spot on my nose again.

Also I produce a lot of sebum out of my pores during the day, (which if I'm right in saying is what causes the majority of blackheads through oxidising) is there a way to control this?

MemberMember
(@cynthiamarietv)

Posted : 09/26/2013 12:58 am

Ya not sure if thats available in the UK....hmmm well i believe your right....the black head turns "black" because it is exposed to air. Unfortunately part of that is made worse with larger pores....or a larger surface area that will turn black....leaving a bigger blackhead. Maybe you need to try a cream to shrink your pores. If you find a way to get the blackheads out I think you need to make sure your filling your pores back up with something that will protect against future blackheads....like a good toner. Those nose strips make my nose red too. The microdermabrasion might be hard to find, but worth purchasing online....its very simple to use, and works so well for me.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/26/2013 3:52 pm

Nothing will actually "shrink" pores except Accutane, which actually reduces the size of your sebaceous glands, or ablative laser procedures.

Peels or professional microdermabrasion will remove the stuff in your pores (so they are not stretched out with oil), but it will not stop or slow the rate at which your body produces oil, so you will find you will have to constantly "clean" the oil out of our pores.

MemberMember
(@acnenca)

Posted : 11/10/2013 7:37 pm

Definitely avoid picking your nose. Use nose strips and do a final exfoliation with steam and apply salicylic acid at night