Notifications
Clear all

Can Acne Red Marks Be Permanent?

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/22/2013 5:19 am

I look around for this question and people say a acne red marks can't be permanent.I was on 40mg of accutane for 8 months,in the first month I got the worst inital breakout anyone could see, it was ... all over my face.

I took prednison for a few weeks and 1 1/2 months later the most of it was gone.

Since then probably somewhere around August, my face has been pretty smooth,but very red.

I've tried 50% glycolic peels(the last one for acctually 42 mins) , I've used differin from the first day i finished accutane ,that's about 6 months of daily use.I used 10% AHA every morrning for 3-4 months after no results I swiced to BHA 2% of course with no results.

The pictures bellow represents my face as of right now and I cant tell you that I have been with this face since August , that's for over a year now.

So my quesiton repeats : "Can acne red marks be permanent?"

The progges of my face since I finished accutane to the day is minimal.

Im not saying that acne red marks are REALLY permanent , I mean how many old people do you see with acne red marks?

What I'm saying is that with this proggres I had over the course of a year, I'm probably looking at 10+ years to get to the point where they don't bother me anymore.

But sure now you say : " 10 years isn't permanent" . I agree but for a 16 year old is pretty much the same.

P.S they look redder in reality.

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 09/22/2013 8:52 am

They certainly can be permanent, a mate of mine is covered in them and hes in his 30's

MemberMember
(@acneisacurse)

Posted : 09/22/2013 9:49 am

I don't think so, I've had red marks like yours for years, and now that I've finally controlled my acne they are fading away. Also, some areas where I used to have really bad red marks are almost completely gone. So no, I think red marks will fade away, if they turn into scars they will be visible but they won't be red, they will blend into the color of your skin. As your skin sheds day after day it heals, for some people it can be VERY slowly, but for some people I know who had a lot of acne, their marks all faded away over time.

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 09/22/2013 12:27 pm

Hyperpigmentation is not permanent...

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/22/2013 1:05 pm

I don't think so, I've had red marks like yours for years, and now that I've finally controlled my acne they are fading away. Also, some areas where I used to have really bad red marks are almost completely gone. So no, I think red marks will fade away, if they turn into scars they will be visible but they won't be red, they will blend into the color of your skin. As your skin sheds day after day it heals, for some people it can be VERY slowly, but for some people I know who had a lot of acne, their marks all faded away over time.

Thanks for the info!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/22/2013 1:24 pm

Hyperpigmentation is not permanent...

Hyperpigmentation is brown.Mine are red ( eryethema)

MemberMember
(@scarfacebob)

Posted : 09/24/2013 7:50 pm

I had alot of acne when I was 19...I am now 66!

I can say that I had discolored marks from acne scaring at various locations on my cheeks.

About two years ago, I had mixto fractional laser and that helped tremendously and no longer have the discolored marks!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/25/2013 11:33 am

I had alot of acne when I was 19...I am now 66!

I can say that I had discolored marks from acne scaring at various locations on my cheeks.

About two years ago, I had mixto fractional laser and that helped tremendously and no longer have the discolored marks!

So your saying that you had red marks from 19 to 66 ?!?!

MemberMember
(@scarfacebob)

Posted : 09/25/2013 1:27 pm

They will fade in time...years, but there will be some discoloration left. Not as bad as you are experiencing now..good luck.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/25/2013 1:57 pm

AndrewBleah,

I had some hyperpigmentation on my skin, but they were pinkish instead of brown. I use a serum called Clinique Dark Spot corrector and I just finished 12 weeks of using it. My skin is much more even in tone and the hyperpigmentation is gone. I started using it during the summer, but I never went outside. Hyperpigmentation can deepen in color if you have lots of sun exposure, so by staying out of the sun you allow the product to work its magic. Whatever product you use, just make sure to stay out of the sun, and if you can't then wear sunscreen. By going out in the sun, you are undoing the effects from the product and then you won't notice any differences. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 09/28/2013 2:40 am

They will fade in time...years, but there will be some discoloration left. Not as bad as you are experiencing now..good luck.

thanks

AndrewBleah,

I had some hyperpigmentation on my skin, but they were pinkish instead of brown. I use a serum called Clinique Dark Spot corrector and I just finished 12 weeks of using it. My skin is much more even in tone and the hyperpigmentation is gone. I started using it during the summer, but I never went outside. Hyperpigmentation can deepen in color if you have lots of sun exposure, so by staying out of the sun you allow the product to work its magic. Whatever product you use, just make sure to stay out of the sun, and if you can't then wear sunscreen. By going out in the sun, you are undoing the effects from the product and then you won't notice any differences. Good luck!

I heard about that product,thank you for the tip^.^.