Notifications
Clear all

The Face Wash I Normally Use Is Out Of Stock For 3 Weeks? Help!:(

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 09/21/2013 4:27 pm

i was told by the first dermatologist i saw to start using a 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash, so i searched online and found one that looked suitable, it's by dcl skincare and i get it from the same seller on ebay every few weeks and wash my face with it every morning and night alongside taking roaccutane. however i went to buy it the other day and my order was backlogged because apparently they've ran out of stock and won't be getting it in for another 3-4 weekssad.png i looked for it elsewhere but every website that stocks it seems to have the same problem, so i'm guessing it's a supplier issue. i did find alternatives online as well but literally every single one is shipped from america (why does the uk not stock anything like this?!) so i'd end up waiting about the same time for them anyway. so now for the past few days all i've been washing my face with is water and i feel disgusting and it's really stressing me out because i don't know if i'm making my skin worse. i do have face washes from when i used to obsessively wash my face with about five different products, but i don't know if using these would make it better or worse. should i just wash with water until the benzoyl peroxide wash arrives? or has anyone got any recommendations i should buy?

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 09/21/2013 5:05 pm

There is a study claiming that thyme tincture is as effective as bp but i haven't tried it myself..

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 09/21/2013 5:09 pm

Perhaps Panoxyl would work? It's also a 10% bp face wash and they sell it as places like walgreens I think.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 09/22/2013 3:44 am

There is a study claiming that thyme tincture is as effective as bp but i haven't tried it myself..

BP is also as effective as BP - lets stick to what we know, because there is a study saying Tea Tree Oil is also as effective as BP but im yet to hear about someone who actually cleared their acne using it. My skin broke out really bad when I tried TTO - I'm not a huge fan of these home remedy type things because they just never work.

@sxdness Your skin will get really really dry when youre on roaccutane so really you shouldnt be using any kind of topical stuff that dries your skin out even more, just let the roaccutane do its thing. Try cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. you can get it in boots or asda and the moisturizer that goes with it is really good too. Its totally non comedogenic and my skin cleared up using that alongside BP so I know it doesnt contribute to acne. :)

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 09/22/2013 4:39 am

BP is also as effective as BP - lets stick to what we know, because there is a study saying Tea Tree Oil is also as effective as BP but im yet to hear about someone who actually cleared their acne using it. My skin broke out really bad when I tried TTO - I'm not a huge fan of these home remedy type things because they just never work.

@sxdness Your skin will get really really dry when youre on roaccutane so really you shouldnt be using any kind of topical stuff that dries your skin out even more, just let the roaccutane do its thing. Try cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. you can get it in boots or asda and the moisturizer that goes with it is really good too. Its totally non comedogenic and my skin cleared up using that alongside BP so I know it doesnt contribute to acne. :)

Yes but the thing is she can't find bp and asked for something else. All acne treatments are good for some and terrible for others. She would lose nothing by trying for a few days.

MemberMember
(@ktlouise)

Posted : 09/22/2013 7:40 am

i've never even heard of that, but i looked it up and i'm not keen on all these herbal remedies tongue.png i don't know i just think the likelihood of them working is very low. thanks so much for your suggestion though!

Perhaps Panoxyl would work? It's also a 10% bp face wash and they sell it as places like walgreens I think.

yeah i found some websites selling that, but again they were all in america and i live in the uk so they'd take too long to get here sad.png thanks though

@sxdness Your skin will get really really dry when youre on roaccutane so really you shouldnt be using any kind of topical stuff that dries your skin out even more, just let the roaccutane do its thing. Try cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. you can get it in boots or asda and the moisturizer that goes with it is really good too. Its totally non comedogenic and my skin cleared up using that alongside BP so I know it doesnt contribute to acne. smile.png

yeah i was gonna stop using it as soon as the dryness became too much, i haven't hardly any dryness at all yet (worrying?unsure.png) so i thought it was ok.

why didn't i think of cetaphil! i'm currently using the moisturiser so that'd be the perfect thing to go alongside it, gonna buy some today - thanks so muchbiggrin.png

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 09/22/2013 9:54 am

yeah i was gonna stop using it as soon as the dryness became too much, i haven't hardly any dryness at all yet (worrying?unsure.png) so i thought it was ok.

why didn't i think of cetaphil! i'm currently using the moisturiser so that'd be the perfect thing to go alongside it, gonna buy some today - thanks so muchbiggrin.png

It does take some getting used to, to put it bluntly it feels like you havent washed your face properly but if you gently massage it in to dry skin for about a minute it does remove any face makeup (not sure about eye makeup). When it starts to dry up add a little water, and then rinse smile.png

ktlouise liked