Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben1876

How Long Does It Take For Your Bp To Dry?

Currently I am using 2 full pumps of benzoyl peroxide, and I'm finding that it is taking around 25-30 minutes to dry and be completely absorbed, as opposed to the 5-15 minutes that it is supposed to take. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I let my skin dry for around 10 minutes after cleansing and I rub in the bp for about 2-3 minutes. Any advice? How long does yours take to dry?

Why not try putting on one pump and letting that dry, then adding the second pump. That might help speed things up a bit if you don't put so much product at once. Standing in front of the fan or a/c also helps.

Really? I have it the other way around. I use a bp cream and it dries very quickly, like 2-3 minutes and then I wonder if it's as effective.

Edited by ahmedmorsi

I dont smear the bp all over my face. I take a little bit and rub it into each section at a time instead of making a mess and smearing a whole bunch of bp everywhere. (it also stains everything lol). So for me since im not using so much of the bp it takes about 20 minutes to dry and i use the neutrogena bp instead of dans and it has worked for me.

The bp dries quicker in a dry environment, so if you are trying to apply it in a hot humid bathroom after a shower it will take longer. Go to another area if you can and the fan idea also helps. Stand in front of a small fan to help it dry quicker.