Posted : 09/18/2013 10:03 am

Hi,

I am having trouble dealing with the emotional pain

MemberMember
(@patrick92)

Posted : 09/20/2013 2:50 am

Hi,

Well you not alone, that's for sure. Acne is often emotionally draining but lots of us on here suffer with low self esteem and various anxieties caused by our acne, so there are plenty of people who know how you feel (myself included). I find these forums are great not just for researching potential treatments, but also for venting your frustration and connecting with others who have similar experiences/problems.

Anyway I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/20/2013 9:16 pm

Hi,

Hi 🙂

You're definitely never alone on this site. Majority of people will be able to relate to your situation or to how you're feeling in one way or another.

Acne can be really hard to deal with because of the emotional impact it has. It's horrible how it does that. It can wreck your self-esteem among other things and that's terrible. But remember there is more to you, and all of us, than our skin. And there is no reason why we shouldn't be happy just because we have acne.

Hang in there comfort.gif

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 09/20/2013 11:00 pm

Hi,

Most people have emotional pain when dealing with acne. What you need to do is to hope and pray. That is one of the things that had helped me. Believe that your skin will get better. Don't let your skin DEFINE you.

I have pretty bad acne and here are all my flawless friends. Acne has damaged me, affected me, killed me. There is not one day where i absolutely hate acne. But we can't control it.

i have found something that someone has said on this site, "don't let something you can't control take in control of your life". Read through all these forums and you will finally find that you are not alone on this journey.

Now, im not saying I don't get sad at all. I do, but whenever i get sad, i tell myself that everything will be better..