Notifications
Clear all

Is It Possible For Men To Have Hormonal Acne?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 09/17/2013 8:59 pm

I'm on Doxycycline now to reduce the current acne, but my breakout began on my chin, and moved around my jaw. My forehead and cheeks are pretty much intact.

I've been reading online that chin and jaw acne is hormonal, but I'm not sure if men can get hormonal acne. I'm 17 by the way.

So, can men get hormonal acne? How can you reduce it? Any natural alternatives? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/17/2013 9:22 pm

Topic moved to Hormonal acne forum

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/17/2013 10:00 pm

If you have hormones, you can get hormonal acne. If it's elevated testosterone that is causing the acne, then there are suggestions on how to reduce it, but you have to know your hormone levels to make sure you don't mess with the wrong hormones.

Spearmint tea and saw palmetto help lower testosterone.

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 09/17/2013 10:36 pm

Male acne can absolutely be hormonal - arguably, the number 1 cause of acne is androgens (male hormones, but females produce them too) which are increased during puberty. I would strongly suggest that you not try to mess with your hormones though, even through "natural" methods.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/18/2013 8:51 pm

I'm on Doxycycline now to reduce the current acne, but my breakout began on my chin, and moved around my jaw. My forehead and cheeks are pretty much intact.

I've been reading online that chin and jaw acne is hormonal, but I'm not sure if men can get hormonal acne. I'm 17 by the way.

So, can men get hormonal acne? How can you reduce it? Any natural alternatives? Thanks!

Natural alternatives are vitamin B5, stinging nettle, pygeum, pumpkin seed oil.

Saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol are very effective, but some men feel less manly on them, so I would recommend trying the other ones first.