Notifications
Clear all

Should I Drink While On Accutane? *please Read My Personal Conditions *

MemberMember
(@briw2014)

Posted : 09/17/2013 12:58 am

First of all, I am a high school senior. I dont want lectures on why i shouldn't be drinking or some nonsense like that. I can't think of an adult that I know that didn't drink in high school. Anyways, I have about two weeks left of my accutane course, 60 mg/day. I drank on saturday (for the first time in the 5 months of the course) and i got pretty drunk. I drank a ton of water during the drinking session though. The next morning, I was tired. That's it. No headache, no puking, nothing. No real hangover. And my liver felt fine, I felt fine. I am planning to drink again in 2 weeks for senior night, and then probably once or twice a month for the next few months. My dermo of course said no alcohol because im not 21. And, she said accutane still remains in my system for about two months after i finish the pills. Do I really have to miss out on senior night and other fun high school parties that I only get to experience one time because of accutane?

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 09/17/2013 1:30 am

You don't have to drink to have a good time, you can still show up to the party you know. If you're too embarrassed to admit you're on accutane, just show up and say you're on medication for a stomach virus or something and you're not allowed to drink, I'm sure your friends won't think twice about it.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/17/2013 2:24 am

See pages 15 + 18 of attachment
MemberMember
(@sarahlous)

Posted : 09/17/2013 2:28 pm

You made the conscious choice to go on Accutane, knowing that you are not allowed to drink while on this medication. You need to make this decision yourself by deciding whether or not drinking one night is worth putting your health at risk. If I were you, I wouldn't. You don't need to drink to have fun. I'm 20 years old and I haven't drank in 5 years, and I'm doing just fine.

Simply put - if alcohol is more important to you than your health, go for it.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 09/17/2013 2:44 pm

I drank all the time when I was on accutane. I'm not telling you to do, but I'm just saying that I had no effects from it.

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 09/18/2013 8:09 am

My derm told me you CAN drink while of accutane, however you should not drink heavily. He told me a couple of beers in the evening will not do me any harm.

When I used accutane in my teens, I went 3 months with no alcohol, then went a bit mad and drank heavily for the next 3 months, at no point did my liver values change.

MemberMember
(@intensecow)

Posted : 09/20/2013 1:10 pm

Why risk your liver's health for a few nights of drinking? You've got the rest of your life. I just started accutane and my derm recommended no alcohol at all. Also, I'm pretty sure if your liver started to become stressed or damaged, you wouldn't physically feel that...