Notifications
Clear all

Lipstick On Accutane

MemberMember
(@whitneyonaccutane)

Posted : 09/16/2013 11:44 am

Ladies,

I am having a dilemma that I'm sure has already been discussed on this platform, so forgive me.

I am black with naturally dark lips that are considered normal/goes with my skin tone. I am on my second round of accutane. Last time, I did have a problem with pink lips..Not so much dry lips because I figured out how to keep them moisturized.. I really mean like pink lips that don't suite me. Sooo now I've just been bumped up to 60mg daily and this was the same dosage that triggered the very pink lips. It's like they get pinker as the dosage increases. I was just wondering if anyone out there has some recommendations on lipsticks that are somewhat moisturizing or maybe tinted lip balm that actually works while on accutane? Anything would be nice. I am a firm believer of trial and error, but I would rather not buy up the entire store looking for this.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 09/16/2013 4:01 pm

Hi :)

What kind of tint are you looking for? Also, I wouldn't recommend an overly tinted lip balm, cause the tint can actually make the dryness look worse. I'm using the 'Rose' vaseline at the moment, and whilst it works great most of the time, the colour sometimes clings to the dry areas on my lips. There might be other things out there that don't have this downfall, though. :)

Best of luck.