Notifications
Clear all

Second Course Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@wilsonm23)

Posted : 09/15/2013 3:06 pm

Evening everyone.

Having read many logs over the years I thought it would be good to share my ongoing experience of Isotretinion (accutane) this time round (second course).

I was prescribed accutane four years ago (aged 19), it worked wonders for my skin and completely changed me. Four years on my acne has slowly crept back - although not to the extent of my teenage years!

Now aged 23 I have now embarked on my second course (starting today), 40mg for the first eight weeks. What I wanted to do is probably post a weekly update of how I'm finding it, what's working for me / what's not - just generally a log people can relate to, share their personal experiences and ask any questions that hopefully myself or others can answer.

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 09/15/2013 4:56 pm

Best of luck to you! :) I am three weeks into my second course at 40mg. I took my first course when I was 18. I'm also keeping a log if you're interested and need support.

wilsonm23 liked
MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/15/2013 6:15 pm

Moved to Accutane logs forum.

Good luck with your 2nd course!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/15/2013 10:17 pm

Good luck! Also on my second course about half way done with month 2 on 40mg

MemberMember
(@ag3ntx)

Posted : 09/16/2013 6:41 am

best of luck man, I had my first course when I was 22, had very severe cystic acne which accutane completely cleared! was on 40mg then, now I'm almost 30 and the acne had gotten really bad in the last few months so decided to go on course # 2. started 3 days ago on 20mg ... fingers crossed - so over it :( even though its around 10% of how bad it was all those years ago, its still pretty bad and i just want it GONE!! :(

keep us updated! I've JUST started to get a bit of dry lips (just the lower lip), rest is just normal (breaking out as usual!!)

wilsonm23 liked