Notifications
Clear all

Very Inflammed After Acv: What Can I Do?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/15/2013 9:37 am

Ok. I've tried the AVC method. Mixed results. My left cheek is near perfect. My right cheek has 3 full blown inflammed cysts. They have grown into having whiteheads but they haven't popped or left for 3 days. My skin doesn't seem to be able to push out the plug. I don't know what to do. Continue ACV? Change the regimen? Pop those 3 huge pustules? I'm at loss for solutions!

Obviously I mean Apple Cider Vinegar. I'm just desperate now.

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 09/15/2013 3:02 pm

If they've come to a head but just need a little help draining, do it. The infection needs to come out so they can heal.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 09/16/2013 2:42 pm

Stop using the ACV. I'm fairly sure that method helped me to get the most severe acne I've ever had. I think it's too harsh for the skin on your face.

Stick to aloe to calm your skin, if you have a head on them go ahead and pop but be gentle and then dont touch it again so it can heal.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/17/2013 11:27 pm

Same here! ACV gave me the worst acne I have ever had. I have stopped a 2 days ago but I'm still paying the price.

ngry red inflammed papules and bright white pustules all over my face!!!

I'm hoping this is gonna go away quickly. Went to the derm and he gave me a treatment to deal with that disaster (zineryt (erythromicin and zinc combined) to apply in the morning and evening and azythromicin pills for 3 days to deal with the bacteria which invaded my skin). After that I'll have differin to keep my skin clean and at pimples at bay. Hope this is gonna work calming the papules and pustules fast!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/18/2013 10:25 am

I keep using the zineryt and taking my medicine. Will drain in a few days if there's no improvement. For once i'm gonna give a chance to these papules/pustules to go on their own. Draining helps having them go away faster but it seems the pores are never fully cleaned out and they end up coming back!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/20/2013 12:54 am

Seems to get better. Inflammation is down. But pimples are still there for now, My skin is also purging. No big papule but lots of small whiteheads!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/04/2013 2:24 am

3 months after, my skin is still recovering from ACV cleansing. I'll never use that on my sensitive skin again!

MemberMember
(@19jimmie)

Posted : 12/04/2013 2:55 am

I've actually read that tea tree oil can work just as well as benzoyl peroxide, but takes a few weeks longer for full effect. It may be worth a shot, although I haven't tried it.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 12/04/2013 7:01 am

People who broke out from ACV, what brand were you using and did you dilute it??

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/05/2013 2:23 am

Used the usual recommended brand and yes I was dilluting it. My skin is not made for it I guess. Way too harsh for my sensitive skin (after many years of acne treatments)

MemberMember
(@19jimmie)

Posted : 12/14/2013 8:01 pm

Apple Cider Vinegar does seem a little harsh, but I've actually been doing some research, and tea tree oil seems to be comparative to benzoyl peroxide. This is something that you may want to look into.

Here's the link to that study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2145499

Wow, I'm smart. I guess I already posted that. I'm just going over some of my old forum posts, and I guess I forgot I already responded. But there is the link to the study.

The study notes that b.p. does work a little faster, but hey, you can always clear up with b.p. and switch over to tea tree. Nevertheless, I think you should still cleanse and moisturize, even while using b.p.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/05/2014 2:18 am

Yes, I'm going for TTO now!