Almost 3 Months, Ex...

Notifications
Clear all

Almost 3 Months, Extreme Dryness

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 09/13/2013 11:05 pm

Hey! (:

So I'm very proud of my progress on the Regimen thus far. My skin is looking a lot better! My red spots are fading and I'm mostly clear (still having minor breakouts every now and then).

The only problem is that my skin is still extremely dry. I feel like nothing is helping! I've tried exfoliating with jojoba, I'm using AHA, I have no idea what to do. I've even ended up just scraping at my skin a few times, which is horrible! I don't know how to solve this problem without causing irritation. Is this amount of dryness even normal this far into the Regimen?

Any advice is appreciated (:

Enric liked
MemberMember
(@enric)

Posted : 09/14/2013 3:30 am

Hey can u say me ur entire procedure from starting to clear ur acne pleaseeee

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/14/2013 12:28 pm

My skin felt like actual skin again on the 4th month into the regimen. I didn't have the flakes or the itchy feeling or sensitivity, but the dryness did last long. I used a pretty thick moisturizer to battle that. I use cetaphil as my night time moisturizer because it really did feel like it was doing something for my skin when I woke up in the morning.

What moisturizer do you use?

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 09/15/2013 3:52 pm

I use cerave moisturizer 1 pump and my whole face feels awesome.What moisturizer do you use??

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 09/16/2013 7:46 am

Hey can u say me ur entire procedure from starting to clear ur acne pleaseeee

I'm on the Regimen, so I cleanse, treat with a finger's length of BP, and moisturize (with AHA every other night). In the past, I've tried Acanya, Adapalene, Doxycycline, microdermabrasion, Tretinoin, and natural treatments.

My skin felt like actual skin again on the 4th month into the regimen. I didn't have the flakes or the itchy feeling or sensitivity, but the dryness did last long. I used a pretty thick moisturizer to battle that. I use cetaphil as my night time moisturizer because it really did feel like it was doing something for my skin when I woke up in the morning.

Wow, I guess I should wait an extra month before judging my skin's condition? I've been using Dan's moisturizer with jojoba because I've been afraid of other ones making me break out. I could try Cetaphil, especially since I'll be running out of my moisturizer soon.

Also, did your skin ever change color from the BP? I looked at my face/neck in the mirror today and realized they were completely different shades... O_O

I use cerave moisturizer 1 pump and my whole face feels awesome.What moisturizer do you use??

Cerave I've also heard works well, but again, aren't there comedogenic ingredients in it? I feel like my skin is so sensitive to them. About a month ago, I bought a moisturizer from Eucerin while waiting for Dan's moisturizer to arrive, and it clogged my pores/irritated my skin pretty badly.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/16/2013 8:21 am

I have never used Dan's moisturizer but I have read that a few people on the boards don't find it moisturizing enough. I use Cetaphil as my night time moisturizer and I really love it because when I wake up in the morning my face feels so soft. I don't recommend it as an AM moisturizer though because it can look pretty greasy.

I haven't really noticed a change in my skin color. I'm naturally pretty red/pink in on my face even before I started the regimen. Are you using sunscreen? I mix in some spf with my moisturizer because BP and AHA really do make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/16/2013 1:53 pm

MemberMember
(@lizardanne)

Posted : 09/16/2013 5:53 pm

I have never used Dan's moisturizer but I have read that a few people on the boards don't find it moisturizing enough. I use Cetaphil as my night time moisturizer and I really love it because when I wake up in the morning my face feels so soft. I don't recommend it as an AM moisturizer though because it can look pretty greasy.

I haven't really noticed a change in my skin color. I'm naturally pretty red/pink in on my face even before I started the regimen. Are you using sunscreen? I mix in some spf with my moisturizer because BP and AHA really do make your skin more sensitive to the sun.

Hmm...I might have to give it a try. I actually stopped using sunscreen because it was irritating my skin. My makeup has SPF in it, but I suppose it's not working? It's only SPF 15. I'm really not outside that often though...not sure. Some days my skin looks lighter than others. I know it's a side effect of the BP, but my skin looks like it just got a laser treatment or something haha. So weird.

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 09/22/2013 12:09 pm

From my experience (10 years on the regimen, living in a cold climate) the only thing that works to mask the flakes is cetaphil dry to very dry moisturizing cream. I know you're not supposed to use a cream but no lotions work for me. I've tried everything you can think of, Dan's moisturizer, Cerave, AHA+, jojoba, neutrogena, etc etc etc and they don't do much to mask the flakes.

MemberMember
(@p-mitchell10)

Posted : 03/07/2019 11:54 pm

So I first started the acne.org regimen on December 2018. I purchased the travel size bottles to see how it would work for me and it lasted a month. I seen that the product was really working for me so I purchased the bigger size bottles. I ran out of the smaller bottles and I had to wait for a couple of weeks for my purchase to come in so I was off the regimen for a couple of weeks. But long story short ive been on my second purchase for 2 weeks now and my skin is flaky and dry as hell which was funny to me because that didn't happen when I first started using acne.org products. So I really don't know what to do. Is there any tips someone can give me ?

MemberMember
(@teerob18)

Posted : 03/15/2019 10:45 am

Hi everyone!

I am on month three of the regimen as well and im having issues. my skin has cleared from breakouts tremendously but i find that the skin around my mouth and chin is extremely discolored. it is darker than the skin on my forehead, nose and cheeks. im not sure how to make this better but it really is bothering me.

My routine: Morning

1. Cleanse w/ acne.org cleanser

2. Apply hyaluronic acid serum to increase moisture

3. apply acne.org BP

4. Apply acne.org moisturizer and jojoba oil mixture

My routine: Evening/night

1. Cleanse w/ acne.org cleanser

2. Apply acne.org BP

3.Apply acne.org moisturizer and jojoba oil mixture

I exfoliate once a week with PeterThomasRoth brand gel exfoliant

I use acne.org Glycolic acid once a week but not consistently.

Is there any advice on how I can improve/get rid of the dark color of the skin around my mouth and chin? and improve moisture?