Notifications
Clear all

Adding Zinc To My Daily Supplements?

MemberMember
(@zephster)

Posted : 09/13/2013 10:00 am

<p>I need your opinion guys. I wanna add zinc to my daily supplements but I'm not really sure how to go about it. For starters, I'm 18 years old and I only take vitamin c everyday. I'm 95% clear now (started my own regimen 13 weeks ago) but I wanna get to 100%. I've done some research about zinc and found some really good reviews about it I just need some more from people on this site. Thanks!</p>

MemberMember
(@plumpcaboose)

Posted : 09/13/2013 11:23 am

I don't take zinc myself but I believe most studies indicate that 30mg of zinc gluconate daily is the best amount to take. You don't want to take too much or you'll get a copper deficiency.

MemberMember
(@zephster)

Posted : 09/13/2013 9:51 pm

Oh okay then I'll try the 30mg a day. Do I take 15mg in the morning and 15mg at night or just one 30mg dose is fine? And I've also read about nausea issues if you don't eat before taking it. Is there any truth to that? Also, I won't be needing prescriptions right? Sorry for all the questions.

MemberMember
(@robustmist)

Posted : 09/14/2013 10:42 am

Oh okay then I'll try the 30mg a day. Do I take 15mg in the morning and 15mg at night or just one 30mg dose is fine? And I've also read about nausea issues if you don't eat before taking it. Is there any truth to that? Also, I won't be needing prescriptions right? Sorry for all the questions.

You can purchase zinc over the counter. I have heard that taking zinc on an empty stomach is extremely painful so I would avoid it. Taking either 15/15 or 30 is fine.

MemberMember
(@pinkunicorn)

Posted : 09/14/2013 4:05 pm

On 9/14/2013 at 8:51 AM, zephster said:

All supplements should be taken with food so that they can be properly absorbed into the body. 30 mg daily is fine, you can learn more about zinc and doses here zinc acne. I've taken zinc before bed on an empty stomach plenty of times and haven't had any problems with stomach pain or nausea. It give you really vivid dreams!