Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks Remain Fresh For Months. Something Wrong?

MemberMember
(@cal28)

Posted : 09/12/2013 7:24 am

I have lots of red marks on my cheek and they remain fresh and no improvements (seriously) at all for 5 months! Just wondering if this is normal? Also, i started to wear sunscreen like a month ago and is that the reason why the red marks wont fade? PLZ HELP huh.png

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/12/2013 8:50 am

Yes this seems fairly normal. Red marks can clear up quickly or linger for others. If you are using a topical like BP most users will generally agree that red marks persist longer than normal, and it is generally the price paid for clear(er) skin. However if you are worried about your skin in the long run and want to prevent your acne then take comfort in knowing that red marks are just superficial and will eventually fade with time. More importantly however, be gentle with your skin to avoid irritation and to give it the best chance it can to repair itself.

PS-Sunscreen will only help your red marks, just make sure it is non comedogenic.

All the best :)

MemberMember
(@cal28)

Posted : 09/13/2013 4:05 am

Yes this seems fairly normal. Red marks can clear up quickly or linger for others. If you are using a topical like BP most users will generally agree that red marks persist longer than normal, and it is generally the price paid for clear(er) skin. However if you are worried about your skin in the long run and want to prevent your acne then take comfort in knowing that red marks are just superficial and will eventually fade with time. More importantly however, be gentle with your skin to avoid irritation and to give it the best chance it can to repair itself.

PS-Sunscreen will only help your red marks, just make sure it is non comedogenic.

All the best smile.png

Thanks for the info!