Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Use The Aha+

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 09/12/2013 4:23 am

I got school in the morning, don't want to take any chances with experimentation.

Used it for my first time, 7 weeks into DKR, and it felt warm on my skin but didn't hurt. I simply put it after BP dried up but it didn't really moisturize my skin. I still had flakes, although not as much. I put on moisturizer/jojoba but my skin still feels a little bit.. dry, but not tight.

How often should I use it also?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/12/2013 9:05 am

AHA is a pretty powerful exfoliant. Start with a small amount mixed with you moisturiser every other night and work your way up. Use your intuition, if it feels like its too much then it probably is (however there are links in the products section explaining dose amounts of AHA). You need to be mindful with sun exposure with this topical also, make sure you wear sunscreen. If you are up to the stage of increasing your dose at any stage perhaps do it on a weekend to make sure your don't have any negative reactions, however from what you have said your reactions of being 'warm' sound pretty normal. I should also mention, AHA isnt a required element of the regime, try not to go overboard with this product.

All the best

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 09/12/2013 12:23 pm

AHA is a pretty powerful exfoliant. Start with a small amount mixed with you moisturiser every other night and work your way up. Use your intuition, if it feels like its too much then it probably is (however there are links in the products section explaining dose amounts of AHA). You need to be mindful with sun exposure with this topical also, make sure you wear sunscreen. If you are up to the stage of increasing your dose at any stage perhaps do it on a weekend to make sure your don't have any negative reactions, however from what you have said your reactions of being 'warm' sound pretty normal. I should also mention, AHA isnt a required element of the regime, try not to go overboard with this product.

All the best

Luckily I'm a hermit so the sun problem is out of the way.. however how often should I use AHA+, every 2 days right?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/12/2013 10:03 pm

All the best.

MemberMember
(@aaron556)

Posted : 09/13/2013 10:52 am

*Note: Use AHA+ only every 2-3 days at full strength, or dilute it 1/2 and 1/2 with moisturizer if using every day. This is what is says on the recommended amount on the AHA product, there is a video link explaining everything you need to know. I still recommend working your way up to this amount howver (1/2 amount AHA and moisturiser) every 2- 3 days at the start.

All the best.

I don't know how I ignored that, oops! And I definitely will mix my aha with the moisturizer now, thanks.