Starting The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting The Regimen

MemberMember
(@psylockegrey)

Posted : 09/12/2013 1:27 am

So, I have terrible acne. I have tried so many products, and nothing works for me. I decided to tray BCP because I'm really desperate.

However, as I was browsing the Net for reviews and possible BCP side effects, I came across a video on YouTube about a regimen that she tried because it was recommended to her through a video response.

After watching the video, I came across this site. So now, I'm going to follow The Regimen by using alternative products because honestly, if I will have Dan's products shipped here in the Philippines, I would probably spend all my savings.

Here are the products that I will use:

Johnson's Head-to-toe Baby Wash

BenzAc 5% (I asked the pharmacist about any 2.5% BP, but apparently, all 2.5% BPs have been phased out)

CELETEQUE DermoScience Hydration Facial Moisturizer

Any comments or tips about these products? Please do reply. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/12/2013 2:17 am

Benzac 2.5% is still available in Australia. Perhaps try a different pharmacy to see if they can order it in?

Good luck with the Regimen. Its tough but the rewards are great.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/12/2013 2:29 am

Hello fellow Filipino! Kamusta? I also started the regimen using store bought products and got clear so I think I can help you out a bit with this.

First of all, the Benzac 5%....it's terrible. I started using that when I began the regimen and two weeks in my face felt like it was on fire. And I know our pharmacies don't sell 2.5% but I know of someone on sulit.com.ph who sells Benzac at 2.5%. He's an honest guy and was able deliver good products. Just search benzac 2.5% on the site and he will be the first to pop-up. I know Dan says you can use 5%, but I highly recommend the 2.5%. Save yourself the agony.

The cleanser you want to use, I have experience with, but I've seen a few people on the board who like that.

And as for your moisturizer, I've tried Celeteque out and what I liked about it was that it was a moisturizer with SPF and it didn't break me out. The downside is, it didn't moisturize my face enough. In the beginning stages of the regimen, you face will really experience a lot of dryness and celeteque didn't really help with that. I suggest getting another kind of moisturizer and maybe mixing in a bit of the celeteque for your SPF purposes.

Benzac 2.5% is still available in Australia. Perhaps try a different pharmacy to see if they can order it in?

MemberMember
(@psylockegrey)

Posted : 09/12/2013 3:17 am

Hello fellow Filipino! Kamusta? I also started the regimen using store bought products and got clear so I think I can help you out a bit with this.

First of all, the Benzac 5%....it's terrible. I started using that when I began the regimen and two weeks in my face felt like it was on fire. And I know our pharmacies don't sell 2.5% but I know of someone on sulit.com.ph who sells Benzac at 2.5%. He's an honest guy and was able deliver good products. Just search benzac 2.5% on the site and he will be the first to pop-up. I know Dan says you can use 5%, but I highly recommend the 2.5%. Save yourself the agony.

The cleanser you want to use, I have experience with, but I've seen a few people on the board who like that.

And as for your moisturizer, I've tried Celeteque out and what I liked about it was that it was a moisturizer with SPF and it didn't break me out. The downside is, it didn't moisturize my face enough. In the beginning stages of the regimen, you face will really experience a lot of dryness and celeteque didn't really help with that. I suggest getting another kind of moisturizer and maybe mixing in a bit of the celeteque for your SPF purposes.

No such luck AyeAye. All the pharmacies nationwide over hear don't sell the 2.5%. They always say it's phased out, which I don't really understand since you guys can still get it. I got my Benzac from a guy who got his stock from the Middle East.

Oh the effort we must go through to get clear skin. Haha. smile.png

Hi there!

Yes, I called Mercury Drug, and they said that 2.5% is "phased-out".

According to the derma who I consulted with before, 5% is okay as long as you apply it once a day or every other night. I don't know though if this will work with the regimen.

I'll look for the online seller later. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/12/2013 3:22 am

5% could work out okay if you were spot treatment. But I really don't recommend it with the regimen. With how hot and humid our country can be, I didn't agree with the 5%.

He is easy to find on sulit. Try and buy in bulk if you can so you can save on shippined. I used to buy about 4-5 boxes at a time and that would last me 2 and a half months.

MemberMember
(@psylockegrey)

Posted : 09/12/2013 3:31 am

5% could work out okay if you were spot treatment. But I really don't recommend it with the regimen. With how hot and humid our country can be, I didn't agree with the 5%.

He is easy to find on sulit. Try and buy in bulk if you can so you can save on shippined. I used to buy about 4-5 boxes at a time and that would last me 2 and a half months.

Saw him. Will order tomorrow. Thanks for the info! Here's to hoping my acne will clear up. 😀