Notifications
Clear all

Lavender Oil For Mild Acne?

MemberMember
(@mxpx)

Posted : 09/09/2013 6:21 am

Hey there, just ordered a bottle of lavender oil b/c i've read so great things about it. Now im just wondering if someone here on Acne.org has tried this oil befor? You need to know, I do not use a moisturizer and just wash my face with water and oatmeal. Since i have broke out a little and dont want to use harsh stuff like bpo 2.5 % i'm looking for an alternative treatment of bacteria and dryness.

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 09/10/2013 6:55 am

I use lavender oil (the pure essential one) every day under my moisturizer. It really helps with getting rid of acne faster as well as getting rid of red marks. You do need a moisturizer on top though, the oil can be quite drying.

MemberMember
(@bleedingrose)

Posted : 09/16/2013 3:45 am

You must always dilute pure essential oils in moisturiser or a carrier oil or you will become sensitised, never apply pure drops directly to the skin. Tea Tree oil and Clove oil are usually the first choices for acne, because they are anti-bacterial, and cure acne caused by demodex parasites. Lavender and Frankincense are normally used for scarring. Lavender does have testosterone suppressing effects, so if your acne is being caused by high testosterone it could certainly work, but you wouldn't need to apply it to your face.

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/19/2013 3:59 am

Lavender and tea tree are the only 2 essential oils you can apply directly onto the skin without a carrier. I personally rate lavender over tea tree for acne and scaring. I only use tea tree if I have squished blackheads or spots after a steam. I would add a few drops to jojoba oil to use ass a moisturiser or apply directly before bed. There are so many essential oils that can be used for acne and scarring and I think it's personal preference but I believe you are starting with the best so good luck!!! I am about to try cinnamon and clove essential oil but I have to dilute this to -1% with jojoba.

MemberMember
(@bleedingrose)

Posted : 09/19/2013 10:30 am

I see it so many times, people becoming sensitised to Lavender because they applied it directly to the skin, no essential oils should be applied directly to the skin without being diluted first, not to mention how expensive that is, misinformation.

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/20/2013 6:09 am

Maybe in America if thats where your from but in the uk it only costs around 3. Maybe its a personal thing. Neals yard and many other Aromatherapy books confirm you can apply direct.

MemberMember
(@bleedingrose)

Posted : 09/20/2013 1:01 pm

What I mean is, 12 drops in a 30ml mixing bottle of carrier oil will last you a long time, whereas 12 drops straight on the face - won't go very far. Every bottle instructs dilution, risk harming yourself, but don't give bad advice to others. You can educate yourself here http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/dilutingessentialoils.asp & remember sensitisation is forever.

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/21/2013 2:52 am

I am sure "Brat Shit" appreciates your help but please dont be rude to

people on here. Every subjuct has controversy and arguments but this is not the place.

MemberMember
(@bleedingrose)

Posted : 09/21/2013 12:34 pm

I don't think advising someone on how to save money & stop them from becoming allergic to a substance for life is being rude, I would never be rude to a skin disease sufferer, I'm just stating the facts as they are.

MemberMember
(@gem84)

Posted : 09/22/2013 5:19 am

Yes however I meant me!!!!