Notifications
Clear all

2Nd Time Roaccutane Log

MemberMember
(@jessyl)

Posted : 09/06/2013 1:49 pm

Hey everyone,

So I was once a constant user of this site. In December 2010 I started my first course of accutane, it was my dream come true to finally sort my skin out. I finished that course 8mths later in August 2011 and everything was wonderful.

Here is my old log if anyone wants to check it out, some pics still remain, especially the end ones where my skin was amazing!!

Fast forward to today and my acne is back, I thought it was pretty bad but Ive just been looking through old pics I took during my last log and it is no where near as bad. (I will put pics up tomorrow so you can all judge for yourself)

I went the the NHS derm (I went private last time) on Tuesday and he thought it best I try accutane again but at a low dose. So im currently on 20mg a day.

Hopefully this will do the trick and I can have my skin back!

Will update like last time with pics etc as it really helped with the dark days & hope again it will this time around.

Jess x

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/06/2013 3:31 pm

Good luck! Im also on my second course/

MemberMember
(@jessyl)

Posted : 09/08/2013 4:51 am

Good luck! Im also on my second course/

Thank you! Hopefully this will do it for good!

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 09/08/2013 6:01 am

Good luck! I just read your entire log from last time, it must be so frustrating to have your acne return after all the pain of Roaccutane, I hope this is the final time for you smile.png I'm taking Roaccutane on the NHS too, it hasn't been seamless but I've been pleasantly surprised how well they've looked after me smile.png

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 09/08/2013 7:05 am

Hey! So nice to know about others taking multiple courses of Roaccutane :) I'm on my second course too, day 12 at 20mg :) I'll be bumping up to 40mg on Wednesday, eep. Best of luck with your course!