Worse Acne Than Eve...

Notifications
Clear all

Worse Acne Than Ever 🙁

MemberMember
(@kathardcastle)

Posted : 09/05/2013 3:59 pm

I started the regimen about a month ago and I'm already breaking out like mad. I'm even getting nodules now, which I've never gotten. My acne has gone from mild to moderate and the right side of my face is just full of acne now, and I'm getting breakouts every single day. I know there is a purging period when using the regimen, but before I started I was using SA and BP in facial washes.

Is this normal? Should my skin still be purging even though I've been using BP before I started the regimen? Really trying to keep myself from giving up and going back to my SA wash. :(

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/05/2013 11:07 pm

It is normal! I was breaking out at my worst on my 4th and 5th week. Don't let that stop you. We all get a few setbacks once in a while, all that matters is that you keep going. A month is still very early into the regimen.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 09/05/2013 11:26 pm

What products specifically are you using that you've changed?

MemberMember
(@kathardcastle)

Posted : 09/05/2013 11:54 pm

It is normal! I was breaking out at my worst on my 4th and 5th week. Don't let that stop you. We all get a few setbacks once in a while, all that matters is that you keep going. A month is still very early into the regimen.

Phew, thank you. 🙂 I'll keep on trying.

What products specifically are you using that you've changed?

Before starting the routine, I used Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub in the morning, and the same at night, but washing afterwards with Clean & Clear Continuous Control Cleanser. The combo sort of worked but my acne started getting slightly worse over time. Now, I'm using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Dan's BP, and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF15 combined with jojoba oil, day and night. I think the sudden lack of salicylic acid is making my skin freak out.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 09/06/2013 12:12 am

Cetaphil makes many people break out in whiteheads. If you're getting a bunch of them, stop using the Cetaphil. Some people it's fine for. I would also stop the jojoba to see if it's breaking you out. It breaks out a number of people as well, despite others' success with it.

I would suggest using Dan's cleanser or black soap from Amazon. Clean and Clear made me break out more as well.

Anytime you change up more than one thing at a time with your skincare, you run the risk of your skin reacting. However, I don't believe in the "purge" phase with BP. I would stop the jojoba and see how your skin reacts. Stop the Cetaphil if whiteheads are your new problem. If neither of those help your skin, I would suggest using all of Dan's products only or using pure black soap as a cleanser and his BP and moisturizer. Most store products are not good for your face.

Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 09/07/2013 6:31 am

I am on about week 5 and still breaking out around my chin quite bad. The BP clears them up quickly but everyday I have new ones. I am going to stick with it, it's not nice a all!