Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have these wierd little white bumps mainly on my chin, like around my mouth..and on my jawline a little bit..

if I squeeze them all kinds of stuff come out and then i'll get a really bad zit

(learned from bad experiences with acne dysphormia, i really like pinching any zit or black head on my face..its like a wierd form of comfort)

its like a very full black head, but if I leave it alone they don't ever turn into zits, they just stay as white bumps..

i think my face is getting better if i just leave it alone...like go through the regimen, but if i don't touch it or pick at it I think its getting better...and since its getting better, these bumps are more apparent....I was just wondering what they are...oh and i definatly had them before bp...I just never noticed them b/c of other zits...

non inflamed clogged pores. Because there is no bacteria involved an anti bacterial like bp won't help that much, tho bp does have some mild exfoliating properties. You could try something with a stronger exfoliating property on the area ie: bha, aha, retin a/vitaim a derivatives.

Hey, Im EXACTLY like you, picking and everything.

Nobody has been able to tell me how to get rid of this, I'm trying proactiv now but its not doing anything

My theory is that our skin has a problem with exfoliation and we can't slough off skin cells correctly so it clogges our pores making blackheads and non-inflamed clogged pores.

I hear 10% glycolic acid toner or a AHA lotion is supposed to work well..

I'm thinking about seeing a dermatoligist soon just because NOTHING has ever helped me.

Trying to open my pores with steam and extracting all of the clogged pores and blackheads caused me to break out horribly.

I find if I don't touch my face I rarely break out and I just have tons of bumps making my face look very uneven.

If you find any info out on how to fix this please let me know

well here you are guys - 10 minutes reading.

understanding exfoliants - aha vs bha

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=27

getting rid of blackheads

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=71

Also - as a general reference... this is how meds are generally prescribed and administered by lesion type.

user posted image

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000115/357.html

Hey, Im EXACTLY like you, picking and everything.

Nobody has been able to tell me how to get rid of this, I'm trying proactiv now but its not doing anything

My theory is that our skin has a problem with exfoliation and we can't slough off skin cells correctly so it clogges our pores making blackheads and non-inflamed clogged pores.

I hear 10% glycolic acid toner or a AHA lotion is supposed to work well..

I'm thinking about seeing a dermatoligist soon just because NOTHING has ever helped me.

Trying to open my pores with steam and extracting all of the clogged pores and blackheads caused me to break out horribly.

I find if I don't touch my face I rarely break out and I just have tons of bumps making my face look very uneven.

If you find any info out on how to fix this please let me know

i think AHA is in moisturizers right? i was wondering a good brand that has it. the AHA lotion helps exfoliate which is really good for that, just like sa, glycolic acid and other prescribed stuff which i haven't tried. you should try on or two of those over the counter things at a time, if it continues see a derm smile.gif

Go toDrugstore.com and search for it. They have the ingredients for the products on the page..

But there is a brand called Alpha Hydroxy Lotion SPF 15 which I'm considering buying...

Glycolic acid is in the proactiv toner if you have any of that laying around...

I think they can both be found in moisturiser forms... I would reccomended trying to find one with a SPF in it too.........

Go toDrugstore.com and search for it. They have the ingredients for the products on the page..

But there is a brand called Alpha Hydroxy Lotion SPF 15 which I'm considering buying...

Glycolic acid is in the proactiv toner if you have any of that laying around...

I think they can both be found in moisturiser forms... I would reccomended trying to find one with a SPF in it too.........