Notifications
Clear all

Lost All Hope

MemberMember
(@silkys-skin)

Posted : 09/05/2013 6:51 am

Hiya internet acne folk,

I have been on the regimen for just over 10 weeks now. I have been following Dan's instructions on how to use the BP, Moist, and cleanser exactly how it is in the videos. I have many concerns about my face, i know its "supposed to get worse before it gets better" but my face looks/feels damaged beyond belief. I cannot smile every time i eat i feel more and more cracks happening in my skin due to stretching, which leads to this weird (probably puss of some sort) to come out of my skin every time it breaks. I have been applying a ridiculous amount of moisturiser to help combat this, i have also recently started using Jojoba Oil to which i started to notice my face getting much darker but the flaking has stopped. My face constantly feels very tight and puffy. All my family members have commented about me gaining weight (all in my face) and was wondering will this ever stop? i have reached to the point right now in which looking back my acne wasn't half as bad as what the BP is doing to my skin, i am confused on what to do next....help someone!

Thanx

p.s im only using dans products:

BP

Moisturiser

Cleanser

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/05/2013 10:09 pm

This sounds like an extreme reaction. If your skin is cracking with fluid coming out and it continues to be noticeably swollen, then i'm afraid you may be allergic to BP.

I got a bit swollen around the eyes in the first month but certainly not my whole face. Perhaps a trip to the doctor is needed and consider stopping using BP.

MemberMember
(@silkys-skin)

Posted : 09/07/2013 4:38 am

Thank you so much for you response. The first few weeks of using BP my face was completely normal no reaction what so ever so i automatically assumed that i was not allergic to BP. I have stopped using BP for the past day and i must say my face feels a lot less tighter than normal (good thing) and i have only been using Jojoba and moisturiser. I have attached a photo of what my face looks like, this is not normal is it? thanx

silky

post-217719-0-38180000-1378546645.jpg

post-217719-0-34449900-1378546665.jpg

post-217719-0-38180000-1378546645.jpg

post-217719-0-34449900-1378546665.jpg

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/07/2013 10:04 am

It almost looks like the BP burned your skin - I'm glad you've stopped using it because I definitely think you are allergic! When I was using Dan's BP it also really dried out my skin and made it scaly, but the "cracks" of my skin never leaked fluid or anything that extreme. I suggest you go see a derm asap and keep moisturising! I personally hate Dan's moisturiser too because it makes my skin a lot darker/yellow so instead I use Cetaphil, something you might consider if you also don't like the way it changes your skin tone?

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/07/2013 12:33 pm

Holy shit! Don't ever use Bp again and get yourself to a doctor. That is such an extreme reaction. You poor thing, it looks really painful. :(

MemberMember
(@kronos)

Posted : 09/07/2013 12:43 pm

Holy shit man. Dude never go near BP again. Hope your face gets better. I can't imagine what you must be going through.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/07/2013 1:08 pm

:C I'm sorry you had to go through that!!!

Manuka honey has always helped me heal my skin (burns, acne, cuts, you name it). Maybe you could give it a try?

I wish you the best!!

MemberMember
(@silkys-skin)

Posted : 09/07/2013 3:02 pm

I have been on this website for quiet sometime reading up making sure that everyone was going through the same thing as me obviously not! lol So im going to go to the doctors on monday to try and sort this mess out, i cant believe i kept on putting more of this stuff on my face thinking that it was normal and it would pass...o well you live and you learn, thanx everyone for your support now i know the regime isnt for me :( but i think i will start looking into other methods to clear my face i will defo try that honey stuff, i think my face is waaaaay to sensitive for any chemicals so my next best option is only natural stuff, i will also try using that Cetaphil, thanx again people u saved me from doing more damage to myself

MemberMember
(@newtoacne)

Posted : 09/07/2013 3:06 pm

wow that doesn't look good you should seriously stop using the bp

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 09/07/2013 4:37 pm

Ouch! I'm sorry man. This looks like it hurts. Hope it turns out ok :(

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 09/07/2013 4:46 pm

BP isn't for everyone, you should always find your skin type, yours is clearly too sensitive for it...

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/07/2013 8:47 pm

Glad you're going to the docs. I think you need to be awarded with the "most willing to put up with hell because this must be normal on the regimen right?" title. If that title doesn't exist on this site I'm going to have a word with the admins haha.

Good luck. I hope your skin recovers soon and you find an alternative acne regimen that more suits your skin type. :)

MemberMember
(@searchandseek)

Posted : 09/08/2013 3:51 am

My skin used to look just like that when I used prescription strength bp back in the days. I used it in the morning and at night and it looked just like that because I was in the sun sometimes as we'll. But underneath the flaky skin is smooth. What you should've done was to take it slower... Such as using it every other day, once a day, to see how the skin reacts. Don't peel it intentionally, but it will slowly peel off as you take showers.

It looks like extreme dryness and peeling. The flakiness should peel by itself. Meanwhile just don't apply anymore bp until skin settles. And see what your doc says.