Notifications
Clear all

Acne And Liquor/alcohol

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:00 pm

Hey everyone,

So here's a slightly different question. I was wondering whether drinking liquor can contribute to acne.

On Friday me and my friends decided to celebrate my birthday that was on Wednesday between us. So we went to the liquor store and bought 4 cans of Four Loko. I drank more than half of the can easily, since I do remember walking strange and not having focused eyesight anymore.

Anyways around a day or two after that night, I noticed that I got pimples in my chin area. I got one cyst on one of my cheeks and around 3-4 pimples on my chin. They're drying out now though since I eat really healthy, drink tons of water, do sports, wash my face 1-2 times a day (usually 1, and it's at night) and apply 100% straight from the plant Aloe Vera gel on my face every afternoon and night (for the redmarks I have).

So I was wondering, can drinking cause acne? I'm 17 which means I'm still in puberty, but I was wondering if that was the case or just pure coincidence. I've drank Four Loko before as well (less than this time though) and taken a shot and beer+cola and I've also gotten acne from it.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:43 pm

good question- i dont know.... was their maybe a lot of sugar in the drinks besides the alcohol? alcohol has never passed these lips ever- even at college! so im not an alcohol connoisseur and am not an expert on the effects health wise from a drink. bahahahahah . sorry i couldnt help you :/

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 09/03/2013 11:56 pm

You were already drunk after half a can ?

I think I drank more than a 12 pack of dos xx

Labor day. Didn't even feel drunk

But anyways alcoholic beverage doesn't affect me at all if anything I think it helps me.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/04/2013 1:00 am

I think there is a connection between alcohol and acne for me. I hardly every drink but when I do, it's usually the day after drinking alcohol that I'll have a breakout or two between my eyebrows or around that area somewhere.

It's usually spirits / vodka that I've noticed breakouts after... I seem to be able to drink wine without a breakout (I'll still breakout but would have to drink more than 1 standard drink - I guess my skin seems to tolerate it better than something like vodka as far as amount and breakouts if that makes sense)

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 09/04/2013 2:57 pm

But anyways alcoholic beverage doesn't affect me at all if anything I think it helps me.

I didn't have anything to eat but a little 50 cent McDonalds burger and I was dehydrated from playing soccer before. I think that's why I got drunk so easily.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 09/04/2013 6:36 pm

I didn't have anything to eat but a little 50 cent McDonalds burger and I was dehydrated from playing soccer before. I think that's why I got drunk so easily.

Oh yes eating before drinking makes a big difference.

I always eat a big meal if I know im gonna b consuming alcohol. Try a big glass of yogurt 2 hours.before drinking helps ease the stomach.