Notifications
Clear all

Starting Accutane Soon, As Well As Paleo Diet.. Help?

MemberMember
(@mylifelol)

Posted : 09/03/2013 8:57 pm

Hello, In about ten days I will be starting accutane. I have moderate acne with stubborn cysts. I have a lot of questions regarding accutane and the initial breakout and was hoping someone could help from experience. I've been on minocycline and tretinoin for over 3 months. As well as BP for the past 5 weeks. Once I hit the sixth week I will go to my derm appt and will be prescribed accutane since the BP regimen didnt work. I'm really eager to get on accutane and get it over with but I'm also REALLY stressing about stuff like the Initial breakout. I plan to go on a 100% paleo diet for the majority of the treatment in hopes to calm down my acne. I have a horrible diet (I'm in shape and skinny, but I eat terrible food) so I'm hoping the caveman diet will help. Although I'm fearful that going off the antibiotic, BP and tretinoin all at once combined with the start of accutane will cause my skin to go crazy... I'm only 16 about to be 17 and I'm seeing a very intelligent dermatologist.. How can I convince her to let me go on bactrim or prednisone during the treatment? I just want to skip the worse before better part. Has anyone else had similar situations as mine?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:34 pm

Both times I started Accutane I quit everything I was using and just let Accutane do its thing. I did get a IB in both courses but it was never terrible. If youre worried just ask your derm for the Bactrim or whatever and if he/she thinks its ok hell give it to you. I myself wouldnt worry about it though. Yeah you may breakout a little bit more but youre going to have amazingly clear skin soon so its worth it.

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 10/14/2013 3:01 pm

Just curious are you a girl? If you used products like differen which pushed all the gunk up from your pores ( that's why people break out initially on it), mix that with antibiotics, no your most likely not going to get an HUGE initial breakout like everyone states....

MemberMember
(@mylifelol)

Posted : 10/14/2013 5:45 pm

I'm a guy, thanks guys tomorrow I start my second month and so far no crazy breakouts

MemberMember
(@sdog101)

Posted : 10/14/2013 8:50 pm

How is it going? Do you have pictures before & present? I'm starting soon..............i think Thursday Im getting my script. The i pledge system screwed me so hard.... I should of gotten it 4 weeks ago, but everybody has been fucking up left and right god...