Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline And Epiduo

MemberMember
(@emilybui)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:16 pm

I've been applying Epiduo for about 6 weeks now and I recently had my appointment with my dermatologist. He said that it slightly improves acne. When I first started Epiduo, even my face wash was irritating and burning my face when applying but it hasn't anymore. I still have flakiness and dryness around my mouth area and jaw line. My acne is still red and irritated. I don't see much improvement at all but my dermatologist recently put me on Doxycycline and I'm taking 100mg twice a day. My face has recently gotten dry again with the burning sensation on my face when put a cleanser on, just like when I first started Epiduo. How long is it still results show and has this happened to anybody else?

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 09/02/2013 12:48 am

You have to use Doxycycline + topical treatment for at least 3 months before assessing results:

post-145613-1307356507_thumb.jpg
(Click to enlarge)

Good luck

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:48 am

I'm with Biggs ^ It took me around 3 months for me to completely clear up using Epiduo. I also use a topical antibiotic ointment with the epiduo though, so a bit different to what your derm has prescribed. Good luck with it all! :)