Notifications
Clear all

Beer Clears Acne

MemberMember
(@missionclearacne)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:54 am

I know it's taboo is some circles, that alcohol exacerbates acne, etc.

Having said that, experientially I have found that having a few beers (2) helps clear acne.

Would be interesting to know if other users have found this result as well, and I by no

means imply going on a binge.

I just feel for those deprived of enjoying that occasional beer, you might just have the heads up.

I think the type of acne is important : it should be red/reddish and not damp or fluid filled (large/inflammed).

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/02/2013 1:54 pm

Hmm, that is interesting. I know it can help flush your system in some ways. But alcohol is toxic in the bloodstream, so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I couldn't tell you from experience because I'm gluten intolerant and drinking beer causes me severe stomach pain and itchy skin. Maybe one a day would be okay.. when drinking a lot of water at the same time.

MemberMember
(@alex13)

Posted : 10/25/2013 3:52 am

Beer clears my acne. Not dark beer or flavoured with fruit, normal strong beer... usually drank cold and fresh

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 11/05/2013 3:28 am

i notice my face looks smoother and glowing the next day after i drink beer, lol. It is odd, but considering alcohol has bacteria killing properties, it makes sense in a way?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 11/05/2013 1:50 pm

I dont think alcohol itself really has any effect on acne (that ive noticed) because even though its generally considered *bad* for you it doesnt really play much of a part in the formation of acne. Its probably the other ingredients in beer that might be improving it, but im not in the mood to get too sciency over it.

People will try and shoot this topic down straight away (see sunlight/acne threads) and i think thats very closed minded and ignorant - probably the people who dont drink and will get antsy and deprived because they cant try this. Its important to discuss even the ~taboo~ subjects aswell

MemberMember
(@outsider1)

Posted : 11/05/2013 2:05 pm

Wow...totally interesting. Might have to chalk it up to one's own specific biology though.

If beer cured acne for everyone...wow...let's but stock in Coor right now lol.