Notifications
Clear all

Non-Greasy Sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/01/2013 2:14 am

I currently do not use a sunscreen but I would really like to, I am just really not sure which one to use! In the morning I do not use benzoyl peroxide on my face so it can get quite oily after several hours, Also I would like to be able to mix my sunscreen with my moisturizer so I can do both in one job.

So can anybody recommend a non greasy SPF only sunscreen? I don't want any which has a moisturizer in it as well.

Thanks! :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/01/2013 7:29 am

dermalogica ultra sensitive

MemberMember
(@janeen)

Posted : 09/01/2013 12:58 pm

i love one called Cotz. got it from Amazon

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/02/2013 2:05 am

Sunscreen has to be in a base when it's packaged, which is basically lotion or moisturizer...so there is no such thing as a "no moisturizer" sunscreen.

The most elegant sunscreen formulations I've found are CeraVe AM and Elta.

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:05 am

Sunscreen has to be in a base when it's packaged, which is basically lotion or moisturizer...so there is no such thing as a "no moisturizer" sunscreen.

The most elegant sunscreen formulations I've found are CeraVe AM and Elta.

Oh okay yeah I didn't think of that but yeah you are right haha, thanks for the recommendations!

I've heard clinique is really good but I was hoping to get a few more brands to consider.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 09/02/2013 10:11 pm

CeraVe AM is my favorite, I use it everyday. It has SPF 25 in it I believe. It's not greasy at all, and is specially formulated to be good for the skin.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/06/2013 3:54 am

Clinique is great! I use the Clinique City Block Sheer with SPF25. They have one with an SPF40 as well.

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:41 am

Clinique skin care products are not sold here in Australia :( Or at least not anywhere I have been in.. Also I have never heard of CeraVe snsdgirl14.. Soo that sucks lol

Actually I have never heard of any of these brands anyone has mentioned! Lol so I guess I will have to search the forums to see what other fellow Aussies use..

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 09/07/2013 10:36 pm

I use the Cetaphil Dermacontrol oil control with spf30. It's great if you have oily skin like I do because it really helps reduce the amount of oil on my face by the end of the day!

MemberMember
(@itslisa)

Posted : 09/07/2013 11:45 pm

I haven't tried this sunscreen yet, but I am pretty convinced that it's a good product based on its reviews. And it doesn't have moisturizer!

http://www.shiseido.com/urban-environment-oil-free-uv-protector-spf-42/0730852105126,en_US,pd.html

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/08/2013 12:10 am

The best ones that are non-greasy contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide as the main ingredient. They go on a little thicker and take more rubbing in, but they dry completely matte.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/08/2013 12:20 am

Clinique skin care products are not sold here in Australia sad.png Or at least not anywhere I have been in.. Also I have never heard of CeraVe snsdgirl14.. Soo that sucks lol

Actually I have never heard of any of these brands anyone has mentioned! Lol so I guess I will have to search the forums to see what other fellow Aussies use..

I'm from Australia too :)

I was using the Hamilton Everyday Face sunscreen. It's SPF 30 and matte. It is tinted though (but the tint doesn't show up on my skin at all even though I'm pale). You can get it in Priceline if you're interested. I really liked it when I used it. The only reason I stopped was because my skin was so dry on the regimen (so in my opinion it doesn't work well if you have very dry skin). Now I use the Neutrogena moisturiser with SPF 15... to me it's not ideal but it's better than no SPF...

And we can get Clinique skin care products here! Any Clinique counter should have them so just ask about it when you're next near one.

We don't have CeraVe though - which is annoying because a lot of people seem to love it judging by what I've read on the forums.

Let me know if you find a good sunscreen!!

MemberMember
(@creativedisplayname)

Posted : 09/08/2013 1:54 pm

I use cotz sensitive suncreen. It doesn't seem to give me a negative reaction as in cause more blemishes but I'm thinking of trying Burnout eco-sensitive since it's more natural and my skincare is natural ATM , the cOTZ one isn't oily , it applies and feel a little watery-oily but the finish is pretty matte

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 09/12/2013 4:30 pm

I love Andalou Naturals I have a matte untinted Beauty Balm cream with SPF 30 I love it totally not greasy. Every time I put it on it's like a healthy shield.