Notifications
Clear all

Reintroduced Milk, Brokeout.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:08 pm

Hi everyone.

I'd been completely clear for about 5 months from eliminating milk and refined sugar, and maintaining a healthy diet.

I was certain about sugar breaking me out, but decided to go milk free just for safe measure. Butter and cheese don't affect my skin, and I have been struggling with weight gain, so I decided to give milk a go. Bad idea. Three days of a daily cup of milk, and I've got three very red, very painful pimples.

Quite bummed about the dark spots these are going to leave behind.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:32 pm

Especially because all my older marks were fading away nicely.. Ah.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get these pimples to go away with minimum damage, please post! I'm applying a 1% clindamycin/4% nicotinamide gel on all three currently. It's been a few days and they only seem tok get bigger!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:59 pm

which milk did you drink? Was it whole milk or skim

Also, did you only a drink a cup a day for 3 days?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/31/2013 6:03 am

At least you know now. I often experiment with food when I'm clear to find out what I shouldn't be using. Last night I had a pot of rice pudding (the main ingredient was milk) and I had a small breakout today.

I'm not sure if I'll ever entirely give it up, since it's in so many things, but it's best to avoid directly drinking it in large amounts.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 08/31/2013 9:30 am

It was whole milk.

I'm just going to steer clear. I managed with no trouble for all these months and only added it back to be certain. Hmpf, I wish I hadn't!

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:33 am

Bummer. Now you know I guess. Milk hates human skin.

Also tea trea oil and Dan's AHA fade marks and scabs really quickly. Like 2-3 days quickly when combined

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 09/02/2013 8:44 pm

Anything with milk it in (yogurt, cheese, bread, crackers, cookies, etc...) was the cause of all my cysts acne as well. Only when I got rid of EVERYTHING with milk in it did over 90 percent of my acne vanish. This includes butter, yogurts, breads, etc... basically ANYTHING that uses milk, skimmed milk, fat free milk... etc. It simply does not matter, it is still milk to me, and even the slightest trace will flush my face. Sugar and Caffeine was the cause of the rest of my small white head breakouts, and if I have them every now and then and get one or two white heads, it wont bother me as much. I'm glad you found a large cause for some of your acne though. And unfortunately red spots take a long time to fade away. Rather than a skin treatment, try just putting lotion on them.

which milk did you drink? Was it whole milk or skim

Also, did you only a drink a cup a day for 3 days?

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 09/09/2013 2:58 pm

Very interesting reads, thank you for sharing!

MemberMember
(@termi)

Posted : 12/01/2013 1:08 pm

thanks for the links... helped understand why milk was messing my skin up... turns out milk hormones were the reason for my breakouts tested by going without for a few months was completely clear had a couple of milk shakes while on holiday next day pop pop came a couple... cant drink caffeine as well tested that the same way as well.. :( ..........