Notifications
Clear all

This Really Helps My Red Marks Fast!

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 08/30/2013 1:04 pm

HI everyone,

just wanted add my two cents. As a teen I suffered from very bad acne, and at age 27 I suddenly had a new episode of very bad acne in my face and on my back.

It took me a couple of months, but I got clear again, thanks to antibiotics and the pill.

I have no red marks left, even though when I had acne as a teen it could take many months for my red marks to fade.

What I do?

I use triacneal from Avene, every single night. This is just such a wonderful wonderful projects! It helps to treat active acne as well as treats the red marks.

During the day I put pure essential lavender oil on my red marks only, and then apply my moisturizer.

It now takes me about a week to get rid of red marks almost completely!

Really, really great combo!

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/30/2013 1:31 pm

Have pictures or anything? And in really a week your skin lost the red marks? Are you talking hyperpigmenations or just the red marks on the scars?

I would think of using but im currently on accutane and not sure if using products with accutane is the best thing to do

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 08/30/2013 2:27 pm

Unfortunately I didn't think of taking any real before and after picture. I can show you these though:

The first one is from when the acne was starting to go away.

The second one is from two months later (now). I have no skin-makeup on there, so no foundation, no concealer, nothing. Just bare skin.

It amazes even me to see those two pictures together :)

Not sure you can use the products while on accutane though...

2ia7pxy.jpg

i1zgnp.jpg

MemberMember
(@superyew)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:16 pm

And that all happened by just using triacneal?

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 08/30/2013 4:40 pm

Triacneal in the evenings and pure essential lavender oil during the day, under my moisturizer.

When I have active spots I sometimes dab on some Iso-betadine gel as well, dries those suckers completely out over night. And don't forget, to get rid of my acne I had to take antibiotics and go back on the pill.

But it's amazing, right? Can't believe I used to have red marks for months on end while it was so simple to get rid of them.

I'm very very happy about this, that's why I wanted to share :)

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/03/2013 6:28 am

May I ask what antibiotics you take?

Your skin looks amazing after just 2 months! I will be sure to try the products you have mentioned, I am currently using BP in the mornings and it only took 4 days for my skin to completely clear up and I'm left with these red marks :/

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:37 am

Hey AmyyRose,

happy for you that you're clear! Now getting rid of those pesky red marks! :) I'd definitely recommend you the products I use for them.

You asked about the antibiotics I took, I took Klinotab first and then Tetralysal but I didn't finish that. The thing that ultimately got me clear was going back on the pill :-/

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/03/2013 9:25 pm

Okay thanks I am already on a contraception (A needle every 3 months i'm not sure what it's specifically called) But yeah I went into the stores today and I don't think we sell Triacneal by Avene, I live in Australia so maybe it could be called something else? I don't think so, maybe I will have a proper look at their range for something similar :/

I got some betadine gel today and also some 100% pure lavender oil I will mix with my moisturizer :)

Do you think using just the lavender oil will heal my pinkish red marks or is it the Triacneal that does most of the magic?

MemberMember
(@boskabouter)

Posted : 09/06/2013 1:45 am

HEY! Too bad you can't find the Triacneal! But the Betadine will definitely help speed up the healing process (definitely after popping), and I do feel the lavender oil helps a lot too. It does sting a little bit at first, but I don't mind that too much.

Lavender oil is supposed to have healing properties, so I'm sure you could see some difference with the oil alone, although for me it really is the combination that works very well :)

Let me know how it goes!