Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datguy_16

Do you honestly see yourself as ugly?

i don't concider myself either way it is more of the lack of confidence. if a girl is looking at me for a period of time i start getting red in the face and embarrased. it sucks.

Well, when my avatar pic was taken (in July) I felt damn hot, but more recently I feel not-so-cute due to a horrific Retin-A Micro initial outbreak. I do feel slightly cuter this week than I did last week, but only about 1-3% more. The worst of the initial outbreak is over, but the ubiquitous red marks are slow to disappear.

Acne pretty much the only thing that drives me batty concerning my appearance. Other than that, I'm happy.

look back at um straight in the eye and say, "what the fuck are you looking at?"

i know its not congenial, but i guarantee they won't stare so hard again.

I would absolutly say I was ugly with acne. Over the summer, however, I started taking accutane and cleared up (still minor marks on my face though which I plan to get fixed after I finish accutane). I got many comments at school about how much better i looked from my friends. People are also more open, but that jsut may be a result my confidence going up. I was also asked out by three girls for homecoming. I had never been asked to go on a date before in my life!

The cool thing is that a few of the people who poked fun at me now have acne really bad! wink.gif

People who get a few pimples and get all emotional about it still piss me off though!

i'm not too sure i like this thread anymore...

Uhm, people calling themselves ugly because of acne is not helping anything here at all...

so from now on, talk about what you LIKE about yourselfs..what you think is not ugly...anything from personality to clothing to looks to whatever..but no more of this self-bashin mmmmmk?

I used to think I was ugly but it wasn't because of acne or anything like that as a matter of fact I was an adorable child and I now am a beautiful young lady. I had self esteem issues. If yall are wondering what I look like think Beyonce but with black hair, oh and I am not as thick as her I pretty slim.

I don't know how appropriate this is at this moment, but I would like to share a little rant with you guys.

I used to have pretty bad acne, was really unhealthy and was just a pretty bad person overall. I never took care of myself or anything. It was very rare that any girl showed interest at all. I was always depressed and wondered why no girls ever liked me. However, about a year and a half ago I began lifting and truly taking care of my skin. I can now honestly say that I have the best body in my school by far, and very clear skin to boot. I started shaving, I wear nice clothes every day now instead of the same thing every day, I wear some body fragrence (only lightly), the whole 9 yards. I find it somewhat depressing, however, because whenever I take my shirt off around girls I immediately get hit on (i. e at the beach). It almost makes me sick, because these are girls that don't pay you a moments notice until they see something hot about you then they want to be your best friend. I used to be consistently told that "looks don't matter," but that's fucking bullshit. I hate that sentance and I always will. People might say "oh he's lucky he's got such a "hot body," I wish I had something that good about myself." But I actually feel even worse than I did before, if that's possible. I mean, I love my life and everything and am very proud of how much i've changed, but on the other hand it's changed my perspective on women completely. I feel so bad for the kids in my school who are overweight or have acne, and so badly want to have a girlfriend, I know exactly how they feel because I used to feel the same way. I feel awful for them because I know that the chance is so rare, just because they aren't considered "hot." I'm not saying this happens to everyone, because it doesn't, but looks are definatly extremely important.

Guest brokencocoon
I don't know how appropriate this is at this moment, but I would like to share a little rant with you guys.

I used to have pretty bad acne, was really unhealthy and was just a pretty bad person overall. I never took care of myself or anything. It was very rare that any girl showed interest at all. I was always depressed and wondered why no girls ever liked me. However, about a year and a half ago I began lifting and truly taking care of my skin. I can now honestly say that I have the best body in my school by far, and very clear skin to boot. I started shaving, I wear nice clothes every day now instead of the same thing every day, I wear some body fragrence (only lightly), the whole 9 yards. I find it somewhat depressing, however, because whenever I take my shirt off around girls I immediately get hit on (i. e at the beach). It almost makes me sick, because these are girls that don't pay you a moments notice until they see something hot about you then they want to be your best friend. I used to be consistently told that "looks don't matter," but that's fucking bullshit. I hate that sentance and I always will. People might say "oh he's lucky he's got such a "hot body," I wish I had something that good about myself." But I actually feel even worse than I did before, if that's possible. I mean, I love my life and everything and am very proud of how much i've changed, but on the other hand it's changed my perspective on women completely. I feel so bad for the kids in my school who are overweight or have acne, and so badly want to have a girlfriend, I know exactly how they feel because I used to feel the same way. I feel awful for them because I know that the chance is so rare, just because they aren't considered "hot." I'm not saying this happens to everyone, because it doesn't, but looks are definatly extremely important.

It almost makes me sick, because these are girls that don't pay you a moments notice until they see something hot about you then they want to be your best friend.
well yupp...last year was my first REAL year of snowboarding all the time..ive done it a lot before, so i knew how...but last year is when i actually learned tricks and such..

i can do some grabs..sort of with a 180, but not too great if its a 360.....lol..the things is..im not toooo good at switch yet...but this year ill get better at it.

the only reason i can grind rails is because i skateboard soo much..

pretty much the only cool things i'd do were like 30 foot gaps that were set up...those were fun..

i been riding about six years...but last year was pretty much the first serious year for me...i love it.

what kind of setup do you have? I have a sims Kurt Wastell pro model, with sims bindings, not sure what style though..

Oki smoki... joining this board a little late but who doesn't like a chance to have their ego stroked by total strangers?

My acne used to be much worse than it is now. But even then I'd rate myself about a 7.5 or 8... with only the height thing brining me down (5'7"). I was never a social person and was sorta disgusted with people on a general basis. Always wanted to be liked but never really did anything to be liked u know?

Now if ur stupidly good looking then u don't have to do anything to get noticed rite? If u look good but don't do anything then u get no attention. Its almost self explanatory. Plus I can't emphasize how much female attention boosts ur ego (or my ego at least). At the end of last year and most of this year I was involved with an absolutely drop dead gorgeous girl and I definately FELT like a 9 or 9.5 because of it. And as a result I got tonnes of attention from other girls. Now that we broke up (she went off to college)... and I've resorted to my old don't give a crap ways... the only attention I get are from people I'm not really interested in.

Even now when I think my skin's alot better... rating myself maybe an 8 or 8.5 overall... where I used to think my skin was the problem, I now think my height is a problem, or I'm not muscular enough (i'm pretty fit tho... jus kinda skinny)... or I'm losing my hair (which i'm not) or one nostril is slightly bigger than the other. Its just weird how all of that can vanish when u get the attention u want... trick is u have to look for it urself. Or something like that.

oh totally agree. there's always going to be something you don't like. first it's the acne, then it's red marks, then it's your eyes are too close together or your nose has a bump... people are very rarely satisfied, especially with their appearance. that's why it's important to find those things you do like about yourself, and focus on those. not the things you dislike...

i cant STAND the way i look anymore. i completely and udderly loathe it. i have acne (which ive tried everything and nothing has cured it yet) i have a monstrosity of a forhead (which i graciously inherited from my father) and i have these horrible long legs, and some other things that im completely self conscience about. i hate it all.

Magazines have definetely corrupted me in more ways than one. ive always wanted to look like someone else. never once have i been happy with my facial appearance.

now dont get my wrong, i am completely satisfied with my personality. ive been told that i have an amazing sense of humor, that i always how to make some one smile etc. ive been told that im a great dancer, singer actor etc and, not to be big headed, sometimes i believe them. but those things u can work on and improve. sometimes it feels like theres no hope anymore, ya know? eusa_wall.gif

Although ive had many bf's in my life, all of which have called my gorgeous and beautiful and blah blah blah, i have never once believed them. i mean, how can i, when every morning b4 i go to school i look in the mirror wishing, HOPING eusa_pray.gif that maybefor a day, i could feel beautiful.

im still waiting for that day to come.

-Jessica- wub.gif