Notifications
Clear all

How Much Has Your Lifestyle Affected Your Acne?

MemberMember
(@sepphy)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:40 am

I'm trying to find out how much people's lifestyle affects their acne. I've not had any attempt to change the way I live until now so I can deal with acne better. So basically here's how I deal with life.

Sleep: I get around 6-7 hours. Sometime's I sleep really late, as a college student in the field of architecture, there will be times when I don't even sleep.

Diet: I eat everything I want. Very little veggies, I eat fruits here and there but not regularly. I'm a big carnivore.

Exercise: I work out around 2-3 times a week, about 2.5 hours per.

Stress: School is everything that makes me stressed, and acne of course. I can say that as of the moment I'm not but at times stress really kicks in.

Emotional and Psychological: This year has been a roller coaster ride. Ups and downs all year. I've dealt with depression on and off for a couple of years now but I'm still holding on :)

So what about you guys?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 08/30/2013 6:12 am

>>

Sleep: I get around 8 hours. Sometime's I sleep really late, times when I don't/cant sleep. some what an insomniac

Diet: lactose intolerant. veggies, fruits, nuts, meat.

Exercise: I work out around 5 times a week - cycle and weight training.

Stress: i think in general i'm a pretty stressed guy. could do with a girlfriend, but maybe that would add stress lol..

Emotional and Psychological: To sum it up highs and lows, mainly lows

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 08/30/2013 7:03 am

Sleep: My sleep is really erratic. Usually sleep 8-10 hours, but sometimes I can't sleep at all, and sometimes 4-5 hours.
Diet: I'm very strict with my diet at the moment. Very low dairy (small portion 1-2 times per week), very low to no sugar (except special occasions), no high GI foods, partly gluten free. 2-3 litres of water per day.
Exercise: I've been very sick recently so this has been a lot less than usual. Usually running 2-4 times per week, around 30-40 minutes per session.
Stress: Uni = stress. Stress definitely breaks me out.
Emotional and Psychological: Depression/anxiety which leads to more stress and generally makes me feel unwell. Doing better recently though c:
MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/01/2013 11:50 am

Sleep: 7 1/2 hours is about right. Usually get between 7 - 8 hours, nearly always go to sleep before 11, earlier is better because I am going to wake at the same early hour.

Diet: I eat everything except the foods I am intolerant to (most citrus). I just mostly eat very well, focusing on the most nutrient dense, healthily prepared foods and have very little processed 'foods.' And I never drink sugar or consume any high glycemic load meal. I.e. if you are going to have one birthday cake or ice cream and it isn't following a good low GL meal, then have some nuts or something or take a fiber capsule.

Stopping the sugary drinks and replacing processed high glycemic foods with real food cleared my skin in less than two months of the day drank my last coke and began, just began, gradually finding better things to eat.

Exercise: active daily with chores, playing with dog, walking, biking places, the way humans are supposed to be. Outside in the daylight. It's always the plan to do some resistance exercises, but I'm not that good at habits that aren't daily habits. Don't and never will do any kind of workout that requires eating large amounts of carbs or shakes to fuel. Or eating enough food for 5 people. I need to take up yoga.

Stress/emotional -- Not issue.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 09/01/2013 6:31 pm

Sleep: between 7 and 10 hours. Depends on the day, but when I don't get much sleep, I don't notice my acne getting worse.

Diet: I have an okay diet. I drink lots of tea and water and I try and be healthy. I eat junk food, but not on a daily basis.

Excercise: Besides everyday moving around, I don't have an exercise routine. I try and walk 2 miles everyday, but nothing rigorous. I also do yoga (2X or more a week) and a dance class (1X a week.)

Stress: I definitely have stressful moments, but overall my life is pretty calm at the moment.

Emotional and Psychological: This year has been good for me so far, and I try and have a positive outlook, no matter the situation. I've never suffered with depression, but I've gone through times where I wasn't as happy with myself.