Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Have Their Scars Fill In Naturally Over Time?

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Anyone on this board have their scars filled in over time? I've had acne since I was a teenager and went through two rounds of accutane which kept the cystic acne away. Now at 26, I no longer have cystic acne but left with a lot of scars. I used to have rolling scars, blackheads, and some congested pores. Then, I tried laser resurfacing without any luck of improvement. I think it gave me more scars instead because now I see ice-pick, box-scars, different skin depth in certain areas. My question is.. does anyone with acne scars experience that the scars naturally fill itself in over time? If so how long would you say it take and how much of filling in happened? I've been feeling really down because of what I see in the mirror lately.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/29/2013 9:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Anyone on this board have their scars filled in over time? I've had acne since I was a teenager and went through two rounds of accutane which kept the cystic acne away. Now at 26, I no longer have cystic acne but left with a lot of scars. I used to have rolling scars, blackheads, and some congested pores. Then, I tried laser resurfacing without any luck of improvement. I think it gave me more scars instead because now I see ice-pick, box-scars, different skin depth in certain areas. My question is.. does anyone with acne scars experience that the scars naturally fill itself in over time? If so how long would you say it take and how much of filling in happened? I've been feeling really down because of what I see in the mirror lately.

Sigh, i know how you feel...

Really do and it sucks.

Anyways, ive read people's scars filling in after a year or two. For deeper ones, it took more years obviously. But some people's scars dont fill in but maybe that's because it's too deep or they arent good healers (genetics). Nevertheless, even deep scars fade a bit over time.

Although, for old people, it only gets worse cause their skin's ability to produce collagen decreases and their elasticity, etc. decreases.

So you're lucky your young.

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 08/30/2013 8:42 am

Hi everyone,

Really do and it sucks.

Anyways, ive read people's scars filling in after a year or two. For deeper ones, it took more years obviously. But some people's scars dont fill in but maybe that's because it's too deep or they arent good healers (genetics). Nevertheless, even deep scars fade a bit over time.

Although, for old people, it only gets worse cause their skin's ability to produce collagen decreases and their elasticity, etc. decreases.

My skin did not look as bad when I was 18. Then I became obsessed with my looks and my skin in college. I feel as though many things I did contributed to the way my skin look today. If only I knew what I know now. My skin before the laser looked kind of ok despite the scars, but ever since I had the laser treatments, it looks a lot worse. My face now looks like I had severe acne when I was younger. The idea of subcision interests me but I'm afraid of possible complications and the surgery not working. I really do hope many of my scars will fill itself in and soften overtime. I try to be hopeful and keep my finger crossed at the back of my mind.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Really do and it sucks.

My skin did not look as bad when I was 18. Then I became obsessed with my looks and my skin in college. I feel as though many things I did contributed to the way my skin look today. If only I knew what I know now. My skin before the laser looked kind of ok despite the scars, but ever since I had the laser treatments, it looks a lot worse. My face now looks like I had severe acne when I was younger. The idea of subcision interests me but I'm afraid of possible complications and the surgery not working. I really do hope many of my scars will fill itself in and soften overtime. I try to be hopeful and keep my finger crossed at the back of my mind.

What laser did you undergo?

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:32 pm

The infamous fraxel. My scars looks hardened after it. IMO, the laser made my rolling scars tethered and became box scars. Don't know if it'll soften and become rolling so it can fill in when i get fat.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/30/2013 5:03 pm

try derma rolling or a derma stamp- tons of information on this site and on owndoc....then get a really good topical like vitamin C, copper peptides or MSM...takes a while but keep at it and you will see improvement...the whole concept is to cause a mild dermal injury then soothe and heal with the topicals

cheap, with the derma stamp you can focus on just the problem areas vs the whole face...start slow then build up as you gain confidence, I use a 0.5mm stamp I buy on Amazon, every 10 days or so and I stamp 6-7 times hard - slight pin point bleeding then I use copper peptides but I just picked up some MSM that I will start using

good luck to you, but do get started on some plan of action, maybe try a single subscision...just make a plan and get started - there is definitely improvement out there you just have to find the right thing for your skin

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/30/2013 8:46 pm

The infamous fraxel. My scars looks hardened after it. IMO, the laser made my rolling scars tethered and became box scars. Don't know if it'll soften and become rolling so it can fill in when i get fat.

Fraxel repair or restore?

Cause those are very different things

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 08/31/2013 7:35 am

I know they are. I was treated with dual. It only brought more damage both physical and emotional. What kind of scars do you have and have you tried anything that helps?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/31/2013 8:33 am

I know they are. I was treated with dual. It only brought more damage both physical and emotional. What kind of scars do you have and have you tried anything that helps?

I have rolling, box scars, icepick scars, and i have a hypertrophic scar from a dogbite.

I havent done anything drastic to my face yet but i will. Im still a student so ihave a very low budget.

MemberMember
(@vinod)

Posted : 11/01/2013 10:58 pm

plz suggest which treatment he(victim) need to take.

MemberMember
(@extinguisher0126)

Posted : 03/07/2014 10:10 am

I currently have two acne scars that are fairly new. (Around 6 months) I researched and found out that scars heal on its own for around a year so I decided to use natural remedies. I started to use aloe vera , lemons, and cucumbers. It's only been a week but I have a good feeling about it. I also try to intake he right amount of various vitamins.

MemberMember
(@augustina073)

Posted : 07/29/2014 4:19 pm

I have boxcar.. rolling and icepick scars as well. Ive had it for 6 months and im worried. Im gonna be 15 years old. And goig to high school. I feel your pain. Im sure theyll fill in . Its weird to give advice when your not so sure you want to believe it yourself :(

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 07/30/2014 12:00 am

I have boxcar.. rolling and icepick scars as well. Ive had it for 6 months and im worried. Im gonna be 15 years old. And goig to high school. I feel your pain. Im sure theyll fill in . Its weird to give advice when your not so sure you want to believe it yourself

Its been a while since this post.

You're very young so your skin has the ability to repair itself much better than those of us who are over 20.

From looking at my scars, I can now say that some of the superficial rolling scars do fill in on their own.

I'm not saying that I am now scar free but they do improve over time.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@augustina073)

Posted : 08/01/2014 8:29 pm

I have boxcar.. rolling and icepick scars as well. Ive had it for 6 months and im worried. Im gonna be 15 years old. And goig to high school. I feel your pain. LIm sure theyll fill in . Its weird to give advice when your not so sure you want to believe it yourself sad.png

You're very young so your skin has the ability to repair itself much better than those of us who are over 20.

From looking at my scars, I can now say that some of the superficial rolling scars do fill in on their own.

Thanks. But how long did it take for you? Im very depressed

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/03/2014 7:12 am

i dont think age matters tht much unless ur superold bt if ur lucky with ur skins repairing abilities it should fill in 1-3 months if theyre not too deep (can u show pics?? ill tell u more precise then) if ur not lucky they can stay for veeeery long or FOREVER! yupp so u might start looking into dermastamping nd everything..
ive had i think medium shallow scars filled (on cheeks) bt medium shallow scar on my chin was there foooreeeveeer nd now i got new ones nd...eetc
just dont get scarred pores ever, nothing fixes them, they will never go away, ull be forever ugly, its worse than scars
MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 08/03/2014 9:24 pm

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know I moved your topic over to the Scars Forum.

Like Moonlight

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 08/04/2014 8:16 pm

Hi everyone,

Really do and it sucks.

I currently have two acne scars that are fairly new. (Around 6 months) I researched and found out that scars heal on its own for around a year so I decided to use natural remedies. I started to use aloe vera , lemons, and cucumbers. It's only been a week but I have a good feeling about it. I also try to intake he right amount of various vitamins.

I have boxcar.. rolling and icepick scars as well. Ive had it for 6 months and im worried. Im gonna be 15 years old. And goig to high school. I feel your pain. Im sure theyll fill in . Its weird to give advice when your not so sure you want to believe it yourself

i dont think age matters tht much unless ur superold bt if ur lucky with ur skins repairing abilities it should fill in 1-3 months if theyre not too deep (can u show pics?? ill tell u more precise then) if ur not lucky they can stay for veeeery long or FOREVER! yupp so u might start looking into dermastamping nd everything..
ive had i think medium shallow scars filled (on cheeks) bt medium shallow scar on my chin was there foooreeeveeer nd now i got new ones nd...eetc
just dont get scarred pores ever, nothing fixes them, they will never go away, ull be forever ugly, its worse than scars

There's a lot of misinformation in this thread, particularly in this last post i quoted. People on here continuously bundle up fresh wounds, healing pigmentation and true scarring under the single heading of ''scarring''. Actual scars don't heal on their own unfortunately. The reason people say that they think their scars have "filled in" after a while is due to the loss of the healing pigmentation for the most part. Redness in scars makes them look a lot deeper than they actualy are.

u1971 and missamua liked
MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/05/2014 6:12 am

fukin rly? 0.o well y arent they? wtf 0~0
nyways dude i swear it was actually somewhat intentded, idk when does it start to count as a scar bt there clearly was layers of skin missing in the spot. it was couple yrs ago. i cant find this spot anymore at all. in diff lightnings. aside from pores area is completely even.
nd this is weird bcs of wht u say nd bcs
~10 yrs ago i had a little chunk of meat torn out of my knee, was little hole in there even, it all filled up with time bt it did leave the scar (the actual real scar that ppl usually mean, not the stuff acne leaves)
y same thing isnt happening on face then?
MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 08/05/2014 9:04 am

fukin rly? 0.o well y arent they? wtf 0~0

nyways dude i swear it was actually somewhat intentded, idk when does it start to count as a scar bt there clearly was layers of skin missing in the spot. it was couple yrs ago. i cant find this spot anymore at all. in diff lightnings. aside from pores area is completely even.

nd this is weird bcs of wht u say nd bcs

~10 yrs ago i had a little chunk of meat torn out of my knee, was little hole in there even, it all filled up with time bt it did leave the scar (the actual real scar that ppl usually mean, not the stuff acne leaves)

y same thing isnt happening on face then?

I usually give detailed answers to questions, however since you won't even do me the courtesy of typing in proper English, i'm going to keep this simple. Scarring is caused by deep damage to the skin. Acne is a deep infection in the skin. Thus Ruptured acne causes deep damage. QED

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/05/2014 12:20 pm

huh? but we are not in school or office here :T
and i did a courtesy of sharing my experience with you though?
anyway i figured acne is causing deep damage but like getting a piece of your flesh out of you is kind of a deep damage either yet it filled up? what is the difference?
MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 08/05/2014 10:06 pm

I have boxcar.. rolling and icepick scars as well. Ive had it for 6 months and im worried. Im gonna be 15 years old. And goig to high school. I feel your pain. LIm sure theyll fill in . Its weird to give advice when your not so sure you want to believe it yourself sad.png

Thanks. But how long did it take for you? Im very depressed

It took me about 3 months. I had a very superficially depressed round (lets call it a spot) that was about 0.5mm deep and about 3mm wide from acne. I was upset that i keep getting new depressed areas on my face. Last week I looked at the spot again carefully but it was gone. Bigger/Deeper ones may take longer to 'improve'. I know for the deep ones I'll have to get them surgically filled in. Still waiting for the blackheads to go away before I try invasive for the scars.

MemberMember
(@mathslover)

Posted : 07/23/2015 3:46 am

This is the status of my acne scars..i got an extremely bad breakout last year and though i did not pick them all i still got scars on my face....do u think they will heal over time..i apply tomato paste everyday as i read it helps to boost collagen..please reply someone!!post-472878-0-37259200-1437641133.jpg

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 07/23/2015 4:47 am

I don't really know about filling in, I find scars soften with time if you find the right skin care regimen and keep acne under control. Lighting can make all the difference, sometimes I think my scars have disappeared then I'll catch myself in different lighting and yup they are still there. I found using a gentle acid with my regimen has helped a lot as it keeps your skin cells turning over and stops a build up of cells which I think can make scars look worse, it also helps with blocked pores and brightness of skin. ultimately I think over time you get more used to them and they almost become part of you. Make up really helps though and there are some amazing products out there, it is trial and error but a good make up routine can really transform you skin. There are loads of girls on youtube and instagram with acne and scars and their tutorials have helped me a lot.

I just noticed how sexist this sounded as I'm not sure if you are male or female, but there is a great make up artists called Wayne Goss who does tutorials aimed at women and men, he uses the products himself and honestly you'd never know he is wearing make up his skin just looks amazing so even guys can benefit from all the new products that can be used by men and women to cover redness and scaring.

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 04/09/2018 9:44 pm

I have. Also acne scars and holes in my face will it fill itself I think this conversation chat is so old so I think I found something helpfull

MemberMember
(@realzwordz44)

Posted : 04/18/2019 8:05 am

On 7/23/2015 at 4:46 AM, mathslover said:

This is the status of my acne scars..i got an extremely bad breakout last year and though i did not pick them all i still got scars on my face....do u think they will heal over time..i apply tomato paste everyday as i read it helps to boost collagen..please reply someone!!post-472878-0-37259200-1437641133.jpg

You'll be fine, it doesn't look bad. The redness will fade. Just give it time and don't pop/pick/cut anything.