Notifications
Clear all

I Just Took My First Accutane Pill 10Mg

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/29/2013 4:58 pm

I am so nervous! I am 35 and sick of acne. I tried Accutane years ago but was on 40 mg which is too high for me as I had bad headaches. I probably was just dehydrated but did not have a good derm to tell me this. So, now I am trying again as I still get cysts every month and I have dermatollomania (spell?), so I pick at my face REALLY bad, I mean to the point where I leave huge areas of skin raw even when there was only a small tiny pimple. I hate acne so much that I became compulsive to try to get it off my face and now it is ingrained. I can"t live like this, so I have decided to go on accutane so I have nothing to pick at. I have tried to deal with the picking issue, but nothing works other than when there is nothing there to pick. I am at the point where i might wear gloves but I live in a very hot climate. Anyway, I am scared and excited to start this today. Any words of encouragement would be so helpful!

Thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:06 pm

Congrats! Accutane is awesome. Take care of yourself during your course and you will be okay

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:15 pm

thank you! what do you suggest i do to take care of myself?

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:23 pm

Tips:

• Drink 3-4 L of water per day to minimise Accutane-related dehydation
  • moisturise 2/3 times daily to minimise dry skin rashes common on Accutane
  • avoid the sun and don't tan; use sunblock when in the sun
  • don't drink alcohol
  • take your pills with food to maximise absorption
  • have lip balm ready

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:18 pm

Thank you! In terms of alcohol, does anyone think one glass of wine every 4 days will make a big difference? My derm said it would probably be fine. Any people have an experience with some alcohol? It calms my stressful life.

MemberMember
(@surfish)

Posted : 08/30/2013 1:10 pm

Alcohol isn't a problem for me. Probably not the best thing for your liver but I've gotten fairly drunk a few times since starting accutane. I've never felt more drunk than usual or anything. I'd say even a glass of wine daily wouldn't cause too much harm to your body, so you should be okay with a glass every few days.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:56 pm

Regarding alcohol and Accutane:
post-145613-0-76054300-1377774492_thumb.
(Click to enlarge)
MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 08/31/2013 10:02 am

Yes definitely won't be getting drunk. One glass of wine a cple days a week probably won't be a big deal though. I had a glass last night. Do feel

More sensitive to it. Have a slight headache today. But I sometimes do after a glass of wine when I'm not on accutane. I will keep it to a minimum.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/31/2013 12:44 pm

Woohoo! its a long process but it zooms by so quickly. Keep at it- and dont be afriad to call your derm and ask them about concerns you may have throughout the treatment- good luck!

MemberMember
(@mbbento)

Posted : 08/31/2013 1:44 pm

I wouldn't think the occasional glass of wine would be a problem. I will admit that I had a few drinks from time to time while I was on it. I would definitely not recommend getting hammered, however.

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:45 am

Thank you everyone for the support! I had another glass last night. Feel great today. One small cyst n no side efx. Day 4. Got a log now titled Cali girl.

MemberMember
(@acnefree77)

Posted : 09/02/2013 7:25 pm

my log