Breaking Out During...

Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out During First Week Of The Regimen!

MemberMember
(@silla123)

Posted : 08/29/2013 1:07 am

So i'm on day 6 of the regimen, and boy has my skin broken out. I have mild acne, and i'm getting breakouts with this regimen! the only place i broke out was on my forehead area, and around my eyebrows. i NEVER had acne there, ever. My acne would only be on my cheeks and side of my face, and chin, but never on my forehead. will this go away eventually if i stick to this regimen? have you had any experiences with break outs on the first week while on this regimen?? it's really discouraging, but i know it'll take time. I'm impatient >.< lol. starting on friday, i'm going to apply the BP day AND night. right now i'm starting off slow with only applying the BP at night before i go to sleep. what's to come during the next few weeks? please, share experiences!!

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 08/29/2013 6:11 am

I'm on week 4 and still breaking out :(. I hav noticed the acne has changed though. I was getting bad cysts but now no cysts, it also drys up the acne faster. My skin is very very dry even though I am moisturising. I am sticking with it but I want to give up nearly everyday!

MemberMember
(@diamondlife)

Posted : 08/29/2013 1:35 pm

stick with it, i had the same problem. the first week it seemed to be working wonders, them i wake up in week 2 with painful red bumps on my chin area and cheek. this is called a purge. the bp is getting deep into your pores and cleaning them from the inside out. so if your breaking out that is why. Im 2 months in and i dont really break out like i used to and my overall complexion is a million times better. When i had acne a couple of montths ago i told myself that i would never get clear. and what do you know im in the process of getting clear. so dont discourage yourself, it will work just keep trying.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:24 pm

This is totally normal. I was breaking out really bad on my 4th and 5th week and it was around that time I wanted to quit so bad. Keep going though because that is exactly what I did and it was the best decision I could have done for my skin. :)

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 08/30/2013 9:09 am

I had a good response in my first week, but then broke out in my second, then cleared in my third, then broke out in the fourth. I'm now in my sixth and haven't had a break out in 1 1/2 weeks. Nonetheless, each breakout was getting a bit smaller and less inflamed, so I am assuming if I get another, it will be manageable.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/02/2013 2:19 am

Its completely normal as everyone above has said, but don't get impatient and start applying too much BP too early. It doesn't do any good and if anything it will set you back a week or so as you will just irritate your skin too much.

Good luck with it all!

MemberMember
(@carebear06)

Posted : 09/03/2013 12:14 pm

I broke out during my 6th-7th week really terribly. But its gone now ..I'm in my 9th week. This is totally normal. Stick with it, don't give up. Better days r ahead! :)

MemberMember
(@mg02)

Posted : 09/06/2013 9:30 pm

Don't worry; it is normal to get breakouts in the first few weeks. Remember, your skin is still trying to get used to the BP. Also, don't expect your acne to be gone in a month; it takes a long time for your skin to heal from acne; usually ranging from 4 months (Best-case scenario) to a year. Just be patient and let your skin get used to the BP. During my first week(s) on the Regimen, I still got breakouts. There was a point where I woke up with three large zits on my nose in the fourth week! Just keep following the Regimen and stick to it. It might be uncomfortable and over-drying at first, but at least wait to see results before giving up. I'm nearing two months into the Regimen, and my skin has finally stopped breaking out, as well as the pimples drastically reducing in size. I can't even tell you how happy I am to have stuck to the Regimen long enough to see these results. You have all my love and support, I wish you luck battling your acne! :)