Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luminareo

Strategies For Getting Every Last Drop...

I've been on the regimen for 17 months. It keeps me clear enough to keep my insecurities in check, but comes with some other minor problems. One of these is the large amount of products I go through, and consequently the large amount of bottles I go through. I use the Acne.org bottles.

The pump is unable to draw up the last tenth of the product at the bottom of the bottle. Getting that last little bit out of the bottle is such a pain, so I often just put the almost-empty bottle aside and rock up a new one. Consequently, I have quite a collection of almost-empty bottles that I need to deal with. Given the cost of the product, and the amount left in the bottle, I can't just throw them away. So how to get the rest out?

Somewhere on the site, Dan recommended removing the pump, and smacking the open end of the bottle on an open palm to remove the rest of the product. I did that for a while, but there are some obvious problems with that strategy. It doesn't give you any control over how much you get out of the bottle. It doesn't get *everything* out of the bottle. It's loud. It's not convenient.

So when the pump comes up dry, I've been trying something a little more arduous. I cut the bottle open and use a spatula to get the rest of the product out, and then use a funnel to get it into a new, more full bottle. This is troublesome because of the viscosity of the products. The little funnel I found in my kitchen doesn't work very well, and it's very easy to make spills and waste during this process. It's really messy, and no matter what I do some always remains on the spatula and in the funnel.

I was thinking of making a funnel that screws onto the bottles using the threads from an old pump to help avoid spillage, but I thought I would ask you guys first. Are you guys as obsessed and frustrated with getting the last drop as I am? What do you do?

Cut the bottle open and get it out with your fingers(or a spoon). After 17 months on the regime you should be aware of how much to use. When your finished with the bottle put foil or glad wrap over it until you have used it all up. Am i missing something here? :)

Yep I used to do this with Proactive. CAREFULLY cut the bottle open somewhere, saving both halves. Scoop out what you need with your fingers, then try and close it up by inserting one half into the other by gently squeezing the edges of one. This will somewhat seal the bottle and allow you to use it longer before it dries out. To further prevent it from drying, place the cut bottle inside a ziplock or plastic bag.

Doing this will allow you to get the last little drop, as well as preserve it so you can use it all (or most) before it dries out.