Notifications
Clear all

Laser ? With New Pics

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 08/28/2013 9:41 pm

I have been researching all the different lasers and feeling a little overwhelmed at this point:( I thought I pretty much knew all about scar treatments at this point but now I don't know.

I have a lot of scarring and most of it is hypopigmented.

I would either like to do a 35% tca peel or some type of laser near the end of this year. I have had a couple of IPl treatments and so far really love the results I am seeing with my sun damage but it doesn't do much for texture. Now I want to start working on my skin texture and considering the Fraxel Repair laser or the Total FX laser but am hoping I might get away with a less aggressive laser like maybe a micro laser peel or a tca peel at 35%. Really kinda want to go with the micro laser peel only because it seems less risky.

Anyone with my type of scarring/texture issues that has noticed some improvements with a more deeper peel or any type of laser?

Btw- my mom recently had the co2 traditional laser for aging reasons and she had 1 small scar on her cheek(ice-pick/open pore) and it seems to have really filled it in but the problem is the co2 laser pretty much destroys all melanin and I do like some color in my skin.

post-69723-0-06979500-1377990335.jpg

post-69723-0-59977500-1377990375.jpg

post-69723-0-06979500-1377990335.jpg

post-69723-0-59977500-1377990375.jpg

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 08/31/2013 7:00 pm

Anyone?

I will going in for another consult this week and need some help deciding as this place has tons of different lasers to choose from...

MemberMember
(@dmitriy)

Posted : 08/31/2013 7:07 pm

looks likes your scars are superficial and not pitted. I think a few light chemical peels will help soften the texture. laser involves too much risk, you don't know how your skin will react. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 08/31/2013 7:11 pm

Sadly my scars are pitted. I have done many lighter/medium chemical peels without improvement so I am really looking for more of a deeper laser like a 35% tca peel or a laser.

But you right I have no idea how my skin will do after a deeper treatment so I am kinda worried about risks and making things worse then it already is.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 09/02/2013 7:03 am

Hello gorgeous!

Nice to see you're still kicking around here. smile.png

I know it might be strange to hear, but in terms of actual scarring it's not that deep, certainly nothing I would consider shocking. But because you have quite a lot of little pitted scars and some pigmentation issues it gives your skin more of a textural problem than anything else, if that makes sense. I too don't think that chemical peels are your friend here, if anything I think that might make your pigmentation spots worse (unless you get a super deep peel, scary!). Sorry to analyse your skin like this, I know it's confronting, just giving you my perspective. xx

Lasers do work but I urge you to research the heck outta them. I also truly believe that if you're going to take the lasers route you have to go hard or go home. Fully ablative CO2 is what I should have done in place of my stupid Fraxel Re:Store sessions. No pain no gain right?

But honestly, I will personally never go near another laser. Being so fair skinned it was just hell trying to recover and my skin just wasn't the same afterwards. No drastic negative side effects (not trying to scare you out of lasers) but not much in the way of positive improvement either. Man would I love to introduce you to my esthetician though, I know she could do so much for you with the Dermaroller/eDermastamp.

No matter what, you're beautiful, trust me on that. I know, I know... if someone said that to me I'd say "pshawwww" too but take it from my eyes if nothing else. I know you're a beautiful person. Don't fear jumping in the deep end! If you do your checks then what have you got to lose? xx

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/02/2013 11:52 am

This girl had textural issues too. She had the portrait laser and erbium laser and I think it helped!!!

The place I go to uses both of these lasers. The portrait and the sciton contour trl which is a erbium laser.

If I am accurate to think my skin is similar to hers perhaps I might have the same outcome???? If so, that would be awesome for me!!!

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:22 pm

Are these all after pics? I have very similar skin as well...with a few more scars on my cheeks. I'm trying dermarolling first though. Lasers scare the heck outta me. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:27 pm

The first pic was her before. the second two are her afters. If you type her name in she has a bunch in the gallery. I think she got pretty good results. I am afraid of lasers too:(

MemberMember
(@luvskincare13)

Posted : 09/02/2013 3:58 pm

Any other suggestions for me??