Notifications
Clear all

Applying Benzaclin Over Differin?

MemberMember
(@rg2014)

Posted : 08/28/2013 9:27 pm

Hey guys,

I've been on differin for almost 7 months now and it's been going okay. I feel like it worked great in the beginning and slowly started working less and less for me. There is still however some improvement to my skin. My question is: Do any of you apply any other topical solution on top of the differin at night? I'm considering adding benzaclin to my whole face about 10 minutes after the differin soaks in to see if that will add any boost to clearing my skin. Does this sound like a good idea or does it defeat the purpose of the differin/should I switch the two and use the benzaclin first?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:15 am

I apply Aczone as a spot treatment over the differin at night. I dont know how great it works, just sorta like my security blanket. I would check w/ derm first, but it seems that you can apply certain topicals over differin. You may experience dryness and irritation if you are using on your whole face as opposed to spot treating, not sure.

MemberMember
(@zephster)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:31 am

I'd put the benzaclin first before differin. I went to the dermatologist about a year ago and 2 of the products she gave me are benzoyl peroxide and differin. She said apply the BP first before differin every night.