Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Aha+

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:26 pm

Hi guys!

Quick question on the Acne.org AHA+.

I gave Dan's AHA a go last night. A face full of AHA as my moisturizer. I have seen many a post on here that led me to believe it would sting or something but I didn't get that feeling at all. Does this mean that it isn't working?

I have been using another type of AHA before this. A generic gel formula I bought locally. It still had 10% glycolic acid. Though that AHA never stung, I really did think changing to Dan's AHA would give me that stinging sensation.

So, am I just lucky or could there be something wrong my the AHA+ I got?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:38 pm

Nicmic, i did'nt have that much burnign either so its quite normal. I am now ablw to use AHA nightly mixed in with mt moisturizer with no problem.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:41 pm

Yeah, I had minimal stinging on current acne spots. You used it "undiluted" without any other moisturizers? Hmm, I started off with a little and then worked my way up.

Question... does it expire? I've had mine for about a year because I use it inconsistently. Do you think I should purchase a new one??

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 08/28/2013 11:40 pm

I think you're lucky because AHA never stung for me from day one and because of that I can apply it every night mixed in with Cetaphil face moisturizer.

4 weeks into it and now my skin feels so much softer and has evened out my skin tone pretty well. I also see an improvement on PIH fading away but not completely yet.

I'm still getting the occasional pimples but I have to say the red marks are not as prominent and they heal much quicker since jumping on Dan's AHA.

Hope that helps with your decision to continuing using it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:49 am

Yeah, I had minimal stinging on current acne spots. You used it "undiluted" without any other moisturizers? Hmm, I started off with a little and then worked my way up.

Question... does it expire? I've had mine for about a year because I use it inconsistently. Do you think I should purchase a new one??

That's good to know! I used it once with moisturizer and once without. Both times I didn't experience any stinging sensation.

The bottle I have has an expiry date at the bottom. Mine doesn't expire until October of next year.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/29/2013 4:30 am

It only stung for me on the first application, that and I have extremely sensitive skin. You're just lucky! It should still work as normal. :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:16 pm

Nicmic, i did'nt have that much burnign either so its quite normal. I am now ablw to use AHA nightly mixed in with mt moisturizer with no problem.

That's great. I've been mixing my AHA with moisturizer as well. And then every couple of days I go for a full face of AHA.

It only stung for me on the first application, that and I have extremely sensitive skin. You're just lucky! It should still work as normal. smile.png

I think you're lucky because AHA never stung for me from day one and because of that I can apply it every night mixed in with Cetaphil face moisturizer.

4 weeks into it and now my skin feels so much softer and has evened out my skin tone pretty well. I also see an improvement on PIH fading away but not completely yet.

I'm still getting the occasional pimples but I have to say the red marks are not as prominent and they heal much quicker since jumping on Dan's AHA.

Hope that helps with your decision to continuing using it.

Yup! I'm gonna continue using the AHA. Thanks for the assurance you guys! :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/05/2013 7:31 am

Well you're all lucky because it sure have me a nice burn for an hour after applying it each and every time. A feeling I grew to love (sicko)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/05/2013 11:12 pm

Well you're all lucky because it sure have me a nice burn for an hour after applying it each and every time. A feeling I grew to love (sicko)

It's that some form of skin care masochism? Haha.

By the way, you look so beautiful in your new profile pic. Your eyes!! So jealous.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/05/2013 11:36 pm

It's that some form of skin care masochism? Haha.

By the way, you look so beautiful in your new profile pic. Your eyes!! So jealous.

Nic, I like to keep my masochism private! ;) hahaha.

Ooooh thanks. I see you're digging the Nana Mouskouri look.....