Notifications
Clear all

Low Feeling On Tane

MemberMember
(@surfish)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:03 pm

Hello all, I am currently taking 80mg a day and am 1.5 months into my course. Today I realized I am going to be overloaded with homework this weekend and started to feel stressed (this is normal because I take IB classes fml lol) anyway, tonight my feeling was more of a low feeling. Maybe mild depression? I've never had depression before so this is totally weird to me. I really don't want to quit accutane because I know it's going to clear my skin. Would dropping my dose back down to 40mg help? Any words of encouragement would also be appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:12 pm

It's normal for everyone to feel "low" once in a while especially if your stressed out however if this low feeling does not go away with in a week or two you need to go to your doctor!!!! Accutane can definitely cause depression sometime to the extreme!!! Don't mess around I your feelin low/sad/depressed for a long period of time but of it's just one night you shouldn't be worried yet, I'm not sure if a lower does might help of you indeed to get depression but I have a feeling if you tell your dr this they will just take you completely off!

MemberMember
(@surfish)

Posted : 08/28/2013 9:15 pm

Yeah. Might've jumped the gun this time. Thanks for the reply though

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/28/2013 9:17 pm

Yeah just keep an eye on it because I have heard of people going into very sever depression due to accutane and no one wants that!!

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:53 am

I think depression "caused" by accutane is all in the head.

Accutane imo DOES NOT cause depression, having acne causes depression and having to take a very harsh medication, which does affect your everyday life makes you even more low/depressed!