Notifications
Clear all

Oxytetracycline And Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:13 pm

Hey, so I've had oily skin and acne for about a year now, but only recently went to a GP in the UK. He prescribed me Oxytetracycline 2 x 250mg tablets twice per day and Duac Once Daily Gel to apply at night. However, as positive as I'm trying to be I want to know if these tablets will work even if I have really oily skin, like literally my face will look sweaty 45 minutes after washing, ew.

Thank you for any feedback.

MemberMember
(@irma)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:38 pm

Hi, i don't know anything about Oxytetracycline because i never tried it but duac is a really really good gel it worked for me and for so many other people..when do you have to apply it? at night? i have oily skin too..it sucks even if i wish it my skin is still oily sad.png but i also know that eating a lot of fibers and drinking a lot of water can help prevent oily skin.

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 08/28/2013 7:13 pm

It's basically just an antibiotic that kills the bacteria off associated with acne. Yeah, I apply the gel at night, but oh my god I look like I've been wiped with KFC pieces all over my face after I've applied it. I don't really believe food can help with reducing sebum, because I'm 15 and going through puberty I believe that's why my oil glands are producing so much. I'm prepared to live with the oily skin for a few years, as long as my skin is clear.

Thank you for the advice though!! :)

Also, how long did the Duac take to start working for you?

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/29/2013 2:14 am

If oily skin is a problem for you in addition to acne, I would consider going on something that can reduce both oil/sebum production AND acne: hormonal treatments e.g. spironolactone (only for women) or Accutane (both genders).

post-145613-1307348579_thumb.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

Good luck

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 08/29/2013 5:36 am

If oily skin is a problem for you in addition to acne, I would consider going on something that can reduce both oil/sebum production AND acne: hormonal treatments e.g. spironolactone (only for women) or Accutane (both genders).

(Click to enlarge)

Good luck

So are you saying that I won't clear on oxytetracycline because of how oily my skin is? I've got an appointment with my GP in like 2 months so I'll tell him about my oily skin then, but I'm going to give the biotic a chance to work. I reckon Roaccutane ay be a route for me because the GP actually thought of referring me to the nhs derm.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/29/2013 6:05 am

I am saying that if your oily skin bothers you as much as your acne does then those treatments are options.

MemberMember
(@irma)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:28 am

It's basically just an antibiotic that kills the bacteria off associated with acne. Yeah, I apply the gel at night, but oh my god I look like I've been wiped with KFC pieces all over my face after I've applied it. I don't really believe food can help with reducing sebum, because I'm 15 and going through puberty I believe that's why my oil glands are producing so much. I'm prepared to live with the oily skin for a few years, as long as my skin is clear.

Thank you for the advice though!! smile.png

oh sounds awesome, do you think? in the past months i used to eat a lot of oranges because thats what i read on the internet once and my face got a lot better (i was using duac too) and all the oily skin was gone but for now i cant find them anymore and i'm waiting this autumn to be eating them again rolleyes.gif

duac started working after 2 weeks i was using it my sister was the first one to notice the difference smile.png oh and i'm 20 and doctors can't still find the reason for my acne sad.png i guess that i will need to live with it.

MemberMember
(@clear-my-skin)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:52 am

Thank you for the advice though!! :)

oh sounds awesome, do you think? in the past months i used to eat a lot of oranges because thats what i read on the internet once and my face got a lot better (i was using duac too) and all the oily skin was gone but for now i cant find them anymore and i'm waiting this autumn to be eating them again

duac started working after 2 weeks i was using it my sister was the first one to notice the difference :) oh and i'm 20 and doctors can't still find the reason for my acne :( i guess that i will need to live with it.

Aw don't worry, you'll be fine, you'll soon outgrow it!! Yeah, my mum Ate loads and loads of oranges when she was pregnant with my brother and she uses this as the reason for his soft and nice skin. My mum is 50 and has no wrinkles too. Oh, so I should see the Duac to Stuart working because I'm on week 2 now!

I am saying that if your oily skin bothers you as much as your acne does then those treatments are options.

Oh, thank you. I'd say my oily skin bothers me more than my acne. It's horrible isn't it? Constantly worrying if your face is too shiny, and feeling dirty and ewwy all the time.