Regimen And Hormona...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen And Hormonal Acne?

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/28/2013 4:07 pm

From anyone's experiance does the regimen help hormonal acne? I never really though that my acne was due to hormones as I never really broke out specifically around the time of the month it's mostly constant and random but now that I am over the age that most people "grow out" of there acne and am into the adult acne I believe it must be a hormonal problem. From everything I have been reading hormonal acne is on the sides of your chin which I exactly where mine has started forming as of lately! Anyways i am going to go to the doctor to get my hormones checked but I'm just wondering has it gotten rid of hormonal acne for anyone???

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:16 pm

Due to my PCOS, my acne really was because of hormones. And yes, the regimen works for hormonal acne. I still get a spot ot two a week before my period, but that's nothing compared to what my skin was before I started the regimen.

The bulk of my acne was on my jaw line and chin, and they were painful cysts that were just gross. It is good that you are getting your hormones checked...even if you don't decide to go on the regimen, it is at least good to know what you are dealing with.

Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/28/2013 8:31 pm

What are your symptoms of your PCOS? Lately I'm convinced that I have PCOS mostly due to the fact that I still have acne at my age as well as I have a history of it in my family. The other symptoms like excessive hair growth I would say I do have more hair then some girl but I think it's mostly due to the fact that I have dark hair and it shows up more then someone with light hair. How does your doctor check for PCOS I want to ask him about it but I always think doctors think that I'm crazy cause I always think I have somthing wrong with me lol

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:55 am

What are your symptoms of your PCOS? Lately I'm convinced that I have PCOS mostly due to the fact that I still have acne at my age as well as I have a history of it in my family. The other symptoms like excessive hair growth I would say I do have more hair then some girl but I think it's mostly due to the fact that I have dark hair and it shows up more then someone with light hair. How does your doctor check for PCOS I want to ask him about it but I always think doctors think that I'm crazy cause I always think I have somthing wrong with me lol

My symptoms include acne, hair growth, insulin resistance, weight around the belly area and irregular periods.

You have every right to get something checked on if you want. Don't make the doctors make fun of you for feeling that way. My aunt is a doctor and she saw some of the PCOS symptoms just by looking at me so I got it checked. They did an ultrasound to take a look at my ovaries.

MemberMember
(@bja87)

Posted : 08/29/2013 1:13 am

Okay thanks for the info!!