Notifications
Clear all

Just Been Prescribed Zineryt

MemberMember
(@freshfacedf)

Posted : 08/28/2013 10:25 am

So, just popped along to the doctors to discuss my cystic acne on my jaw line/chin area. Previously I was prescribed the oral antibiotic Oxytetracycline which worked a treat but this time she has recommended that I try Zineryt which is an Erythromycin-Zinc solution that you apply to the skin.

Has anyone had any experience with this ointment? And what were your thoughts and results?

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/28/2013 12:50 pm

A friend of mine uses Zineryt (the one you dab on your face) and for her it isn't all that effective. Her brothers also used it and it cleared them up in months. Like all products, they work for some, not for all.

Give it a shot. The worst that could happen is that it doesn't work for you.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/17/2013 11:36 pm

I'm starting zineryt as well! first application yesterday evening!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/18/2013 10:24 am

The difficult part is to know how much product has been applied. Applicator does not really help knowing if the area has been properly covered. It seems to calm lesions down though!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/20/2013 12:56 am

Confirm, it's a great product. But the applicator doesn't help much! I'm scared bacteria are being propagated!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 09/20/2013 1:35 pm

I used that and i hated the stuff. Applicator was unhygienic and irritating and it didnt do anything to my acne. Might work for you but its just a basic topical antibiotic.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/04/2013 2:23 am

It works to calm inflammed pustules but not sure long term. Anyone else using this? Cleaning pores inside out seems more efficient but causes breakouts. Zynerit helps calming this down.