Notifications
Clear all

Shipping - Use Amazon

MemberMember
(@mx123)

Posted : 08/28/2013 10:07 am

I know there are a lot of complaints about shipping fees on here, I myself have complained in the past about this and almost didn't make an order at all when I discovered the choice over which shipping product to use has been removed, leaving only the most expensive.

$57 shipping on a $28 product seems ridiculous but then I discovered something.

Daniel Kern products are available on Amazon at the same price but the shipping is drastically cheaper.

danielkern.com shipping for 16oz AHA:

$57 / 37

amazon.com shipping for same product:

$10 / 7

My order total was roughly $38 / 25 instead of $85 / 55.

I'd recommend anyone making international orders to use Amazon to save getting ripped off on shipping.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/28/2013 3:12 pm

Hey you guys. Our shopping cart provider is undergoing maintenance on the USPS shipping option which is why the International costs appear so expensive at the moment. As always, we are charging to the penny what we pay for the available shipping options. We are working feverishly to get our new shopping cart up and when it goes live, that will alleviate this issue. Thanks for your patience with this.

MemberMember
(@bigm84)

Posted : 09/18/2013 2:52 pm

Hey you guys. Our shopping cart provider is undergoing maintenance on the USPS shipping option which is why the International costs appear so expensive at the moment. As always, we are charging to the penny what we pay for the available shipping options. We are working feverishly to get our new shopping cart up and when it goes live, that will alleviate this issue. Thanks for your patience with this.

Hi Dan,

Do you have any updates on this please?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 09/19/2013 12:11 pm

We are in the final stages of completing the new cart. I don't want to quote any dates because you never know what can come up last minute with new functionality but I'm hoping this will be no longer than a few weeks now.

MemberMember
(@smjohns)

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:09 pm

Nice to see the cheaper international postage rates back on the Acne.org website but the shipping costs on Amazon.com are still cheaper and more representative of actual costs so recommend you buy your goods from that site instead.

MemberMember
(@ea1986)

Posted : 12/04/2013 1:54 am

Why United States Postal Service - First-Class Package International Service just disappeared? the other shipping methods are so expensive!!!!

Yoti liked
MemberMember
(@unsulliednews)

Posted : 12/08/2013 6:35 pm

I'd just like to say how despairing I am that I cannot source less than 10% BP in the UK. For a product that I should be able to get on prescription, I have to pay 31 dollars. This is using the cheapest postage cost offered, which gives me a delivery of "between 2-6 weeks" - which is the difference between running out of BP and getting it in time to use consistently. I cannot order in bulk, not even the larger size bottle of BP, for fear of getting charged import duty. The price I am paying for a basic medical necessity seems crazy. My doctor tells me there is very little difference between 10% and 2.5% in terms of skin reaction but clearly this site says different. It looks like I'll have to find out.

MemberMember
(@hf1985)

Posted : 12/11/2013 9:12 am

I'd just like to say how despairing I am that I cannot source less than 10% BP in the UK. For a product that I should be able to get on prescription, I have to pay 31 dollars. This is using the cheapest postage cost offered, which gives me a delivery of "between 2-6 weeks" - which is the difference between running out of BP and getting it in time to use consistently. I cannot order in bulk, not even the larger size bottle of BP, for fear of getting charged import duty. The price I am paying for a basic medical necessity seems crazy. My doctor tells me there is very little difference between 10% and 2.5% in terms of skin reaction but clearly this site says different. It looks like I'll have to find out.

Hi UnsulliedNews

I too am in the UK.

Apologies if you have already explored / are aware of these options, but you CAN get less than 10% BP in the UK. In fact (before I started using Dan's 2.5% BP from amazon.COM) I was simply purchasing Quinoderm BP 5% from Boots (admittedly they seem to stock Quinoderm 10% more commonly but they would order in a Quinoderm 5% for me if they didnt have it in stock and it would be in within a few days. They don't have Quinoderm on the shelves, you have to ask for it at the medicines counter (but you don't need a prescription to buy it).

Also if you want BP on the NHS you could ask if your GP will prescribe you any of the following - they are listed in the BNF (which is a list describing all medicines that can be prescribed in the UK)

Acnecide = BP 5%

Brevoxyl = BP 4%

Duac = combination of BP 3% and clindamycin 1% (antibiotic).

Lastly, having used quinoderm BP 10% and 5% and now having used Dan's 2.5% BP I have to say I definitely prefer Dan's 2.5% BP. Its a gel which seems to absorb into my skin more easily than quinoderm. The 2.5% doesn't dry out my skin anywhere near as much as the 5 % or 10% and you get a lot for your money with Dan's 8oz BP tube, I'm sure its going to last me months.

PS I just use the Cetaphil cleanser and lotion (from Boots) rather than Dan's ones (haven't tried them as i find Cetaphil works great).

Hope that's of some use to you :)

MemberMember
(@anastasiakoleva)

Posted : 02/13/2014 10:26 pm

Hi mx123,

I wanted to ask you did you had to pay an import fee for the delivery and what exactly did you ordered as I am thinking to get 2x16oz bottles, but not sure if I the size of the package matters and if I have to pay any additional fees?

MemberMember
(@yoda987654321)

Posted : 05/28/2014 4:47 pm

---------------------------