Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rg2014

Mixing Prescribed Clindamycin Lotion With Otc Benzoyl Peroxide?

I was prescribed Clindamycin phosphate lotion months ago by my dermatologist. At first I noticed some minor results but now it's basically doing nothing for me. The same goes with some over the counter benzoyl peroxide gel I purchased from Walgreens. I was wondering if anyone has tried mixing the two themselves. I know you can get a prescription for benzaclin but I just moved so I don't really have that option now. My lotion is half gone so I poured benzoyl peroxide 10% into the bottle to fill the missing space and mixed it. It's sitting in my bathroom right now because I'm unsure as to if I should try using this on my face or not tonight while I'm sleeping. I don't want to wake up with a burnt face or anything. My assumption is that it will be okay, and if nothing else there won't be any results, but I was wondering if anyone has had experience/success with doing this?

Edited by rg2014

should be okay, like everything new, go slow and test a spot first...the 10% BP is pretty strong, would be better if you could get 5% or 2.5% BP

definitely go slow with that 10% mixture