Notifications
Clear all

Non Shiny Moisturiser?

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm on month 3 of accutane and my once oily skin is obviously very dry. However my moisturiser still makes me look shiny, even though I'm not oily.

I've heard a lot about CeraVe moisturiser, does this make skin look shiny?

Can anyone recommend a non shiny moisturiser for me please?

Thanks guys :)

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/28/2013 6:14 pm

Cerava is the best! i use it currently while im on accutane. Get the one in the big tub... literally will last you the whole treatment and beyond! put it on right after you pat your face dry with a clean cloth. obviously when you apply it your face will look moist for 8 mins. so let it set in before you add anything else on your face like makeup and whatnot. also get the moisturizing cleanser in the pump... makes my skin feel so calm after cleansing during the harsh treatment.

My skincare:

Remove makeup with bioderma on a small cotton round

half and hour later cleanse with cerave moisturizing cleanser using tepid to cool water.

pat face dry with clean paper towl (i know weird... but im allergic to detergent)

Add cerave moisturizer (i add maybe two layers depending on how my skin feels)

wait 15 mins and have breakfast

Wet a cosmetic sponge and ring it out so its damp

Take Nars Sheer Glow (greatest accutane foundation) and take the littlest amount and gently pat on face (no rubbing)

I dont need a lot of foundation because my acne wasnt all that bad to begin with i just have very allergic, acne prone, rosacea skin (love my irish heritage)

MemberMember
(@the-effendi)

Posted : 08/29/2013 12:11 am

I like Neutrogena for Combination skin. Its a perfect balance for my dry and oily areas and every time I try to change, I go back. It's really light and not oily so it feels great. There's no SPF in it but personally I don't mind, but just an FYI

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 08/29/2013 3:33 am

Cerava is the best! i use it currently while im on accutane. Get the one in the big tub... literally will last you the whole treatment and beyond! put it on right after you pat your face dry with a clean cloth. obviously when you apply it your face will look moist for 8 mins. so let it set in before you add anything else on your face like makeup and whatnot. also get the moisturizing cleanser in the pump... makes my skin feel so calm after cleansing during the harsh treatment.

My skincare:

half and hour later cleanse with cerave moisturizing cleanser using tepid to cool water.

pat face dry with clean paper towl (i know weird... but im allergic to detergent)

Take Nars Sheer Glow (greatest accutane foundation) and take the littlest amount and gently pat on face (no rubbing)

I dont need a lot of foundation because my acne wasnt all that bad to begin with i just have very allergic, acne prone, rosacea skin (love my irish heritage)

Thanks both of you! Does anybody know where I can buy Cerave in the UK?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/29/2013 7:13 am

My skincare:

ohhhhh thats going to be a struggle finding that there... i actually dont even believe its sold there. I know Amazon sells it- so if you want you may want to try there.

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:55 am

My skincare:

ohhhhh thats going to be a struggle finding that there... i actually dont even believe its sold there. I know Amazon sells it- so if you want you may want to try there.

Ah thanks anyway :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/29/2013 8:54 pm

Cerave is awesome and has lots of great stuff to make your skin look really well moisturized without it being oily. And for a huge bottle, the price isn't out of people's price range.

My favorite one though, is a bit on the pricey side. The Clinique dramatically different moisturizng gel is awesome. It goes on really well and absorbs greats. The gel formula doesn't make your skin look oily at all. It also sits very well under makeup.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 09/26/2013 7:02 pm

I am on accutane too and I use a very heavy moisturiser followed by argan oil. This makes my skin perfect again and not dry or peely at all but obviously makes it very shiny. I find putting a silicone primer over the top gets rid of the shine and locks moisture in so it's a win-win :)

I use w7 Camera ready primer (so cheap!)

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 09/27/2013 11:29 am

I am on accutane too and I use a very heavy moisturiser followed by argan oil. This makes my skin perfect again and not dry or peely at all but obviously makes it very shiny. I find putting a silicone primer over the top gets rid of the shine and locks moisture in so it's a win-win smile.png

I use w7 Camera ready primer (so cheap!)

Thanks! I'll look into it, good luck with your accutane course :)