Notifications
Clear all

Could Someone Help Me With My Acne?

MemberMember
(@halee1986)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:31 pm

First of all, I wanted to say a quick hello to everyone, because I have just joined this forum, and I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me with my acne : )

I'm 16 years old and started getting mild acne on my face and chest 2 years ago. I didn't think much of it at the time because it was so mild, and I was thinking that it would eventually leave on its own. But it has just gotten worse and worse, and has spread from my chest to all over my back, and now it's spreading on my shoulders. I don't have any pics to show what it looks like, but I'd say my acne is between moderate and possibly severe. I've tried many many remedies, and NOTHING has helped. There were a few things that I've tried that did make the acne not as red, but it never completely leaves. Whenever I mess with the bumps on my chest or back, the bumps become very big, red, and they hurt quite badly, but yet they never seem to develop white heads. I also have MANY blackheads, which is confusing to me because I clean my face, back and chest regularly.

Do any of you have some good advice? I should add too that I only do natural home remedies. I've tried Lemon and honey, egg white, but those never completely helped. I really need some advice, because my acne is making me very frustrated.

MemberMember
(@beholi)

Posted : 08/27/2013 4:02 pm

Halee1986 You probably need to see a dermatologist. It sounds like you may need oral meds. It could be as simple as birth control, or spiro. which a med that lowers testosterone. When you have too much you will break out really badyly. or the could cut through the chase and do the accutane. This stuff cleared my newphews (both) up and it never came back. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:03 pm

Be VERY gentle to your skin. You could just be re-aggravating the same acne spots which is what I likely did at that time of my acne too.

Scented anything is your worst enemy, cut back on any scrubs or harsh soaps. What brands have you tried thus far if you don't mind my asking?

Medication from dermatologists can help TREMENDOUSLY. You should definitely see a dermatologist since it's been getting worse and over a period of a couple of years.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/27/2013 5:13 pm

Halee1986: Have you seen a Dermatologist (skin doctor)? If you have moderate/severe and painful acne that is spreading all over your body then over-the-counter products alone are likely to be insufficient/ineffective and you need to be under the care of a Dermatologist to prevent physical/psychological scarring. Dermatologists can prescribe you a range of medications which are effective and which you may not have tried, including oral antibiotics and hormonal treatments, both of which are particularly effective in combination with a topical retinoid cream/gel such as Retin-A or Differin.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/131/Supplement_3/S163.full.pdf

texte_alt_jleejd00254_gr1.jpg

Good luck

MemberMember
(@halee1986)

Posted : 08/27/2013 9:32 pm

Be VERY gentle to your skin. You could just be re-aggravating the same acne spots which is what I likely did at that time of my acne too.

Scented anything is your worst enemy, cut back on any scrubs or harsh soaps. What brands have you tried thus far if you don't mind my asking?

Medication from dermatologists can help TREMENDOUSLY. You should definitely see a dermatologist since it's been getting worse and over a period of a couple of years.

I do have a bad habit of messing and touching my skin A LOT. Could this make acne worse? I never really use any type of soap on my face, back, and chest, I just wash with water ocassionaly.

What brands have I tried? Do you mean like acne creams? I don't use any type of brands at all, I've just done simple home remedies such as, Aloe Vera mixed with oil, honey mixed with lemon, egg white mask, there are some other things that I've tried, but I can't remember right now. Do you think touching your skin makes acne worse?

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:20 pm

I do have a bad habit of messing and touching my skin A LOT. Could this make acne worse? I never really use any type of soap on my face, back, and chest, I just wash with water ocassionaly.

What brands have I tried? Do you mean like acne creams? I don't use any type of brands at all, I've just done simple home remedies such as, Aloe Vera mixed with oil, honey mixed with lemon, egg white mask, there are some other things that I've tried, but I can't remember right now. Do you think touching your skin makes acne worse?

Touching/picking at your skin can definitely make matters worse. Whenever you pop a pimple you rub the risk of the bacteria spreading into the surrounding areas of your skin. Not only on the outside, but into the layers of your skin. This bacteria clogs your pores, creating even more lesions which could possibly lead to infection. Not a good thing! Try to keep your hands off your face at all costs!

You should definitely try and see a dermatologist and get on some sort of regimen if your acne is worsening/spreading. If you don't want to try any topical/oral medications, you can always try the acne.org regimen. Many people have had success with it. Also, natural and holistic methods are available to you!

Being on a strict vitamin regimen and eating a healthy diet can drastically improve acne. (see my signature) Many people find that when they cut out dairy, sugar, or both they're acne immensely improves. If you want to avoid harsh chemicals and seeing a dermatologist, feel free to PM me and I can fill you in on the natural ways I'm trying to cure my acne (in conjunction with being under the care of a doctor).

Good Luck, Hope this helped! ~Rosalie