Notifications
Clear all

Time To End Acne Once And For All.

MemberMember
(@northernxlights95)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:13 pm

Hi Acne.org, I'm a new comer here. I just turned 18 and only have acne on my face. I have widespread acne all over my face and it is extremely stubborn. I am starting college on October 15th and am getting very worried that it will interfere with my work ethic and social life. I am now cracking down and am ready to take action to end this. However neither one of my parents approve of Isotretinoin. My friend Tim took Isotretinoin last year and had great success with it and his skin looks flawless. However neither one of my parents approve of Isotretinoin and they greatly exaggerate the negative effects of the drug. I am at a point in my life now where I shouldn't have my confidence crushed and I should be worry free, having fun, and socializing with people. I need the amazing power and long lasting results of Accutane to bane my unresponsive, stubborn, and hideous acne. Any suggestions on my situation?

Here are 2 pictures of my acne.

post-216229-0-64265900-1377626878_thumb.

post-216229-0-94157500-1377626884_thumb.

post-216229-0-64265900-1377626878_thumb.

post-216229-0-94157500-1377626884_thumb.

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:22 pm

You're acne doesn't look too bad to me although sometimes pictures don't show everything up.

If your acne had been unresponsive to everything then I'd give accutane a go.

I'm on month three and I'm loving my skin. However, the first two months were horrible and I found it all very difficult to handle it all. Check out my log for my photos :)

MemberMember
(@northernxlights95)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:30 pm

Hi EatsRainbows thank you for your response! I'll be sure to check out your log! You are exactly right on pictures not showing everything. There is allot more that didn't show up in the picture. I would absolutely love to give Accutane a go, however there is still a matter of my parents holding me back from taking the drug. Do you have any idea how I could work around that issue?

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 08/27/2013 3:25 pm

Ah that's a difficult one. I'm 15, so you can imagine how reluctant my parents were to let me take it. The way I made them feel comfortable about me taking it was by just talking to them. I told them how much acne affects every tiny thing in my life and how it's crushed my self confidence, although I think they'd worked that out for themselves. Make them realise why you're doing this, it's difficult for someone who's never had acne to understand how hard it can be. Do your research and let them know how well you understand this drug and it's loooong list of side effects so they know you are prepared. Also, promise to tell them if the slightest thing feels wrong when you're on it so you can stop taking it asap.

If these techniques don't work I suppose you could try from a different angle eg it's my body and it'll be me who'll have to live with the side effects if it goes wrong. Although I'd try the nice conversation option first ;)

Show your parents the statistics, let them know about the blood tests etc so they know you'll he well looked after and find a derm that they trust.

Hope this helps and good luck :)

MemberMember
(@northernxlights95)

Posted : 08/27/2013 4:15 pm

Thank you so much EatsRainbows I will try those methods with my parents and hope for the best! If everything doesn't work out I will take it upon myself to get the medication because I can't live with this curse any longer. Thanks again :)

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 08/27/2013 4:33 pm

Hi EatsRainbows thank you for your response! I'll be sure to check out your log! You are exactly right on pictures not showing everything. There is allot more that didn't show up in the picture. I would absolutely love to give Accutane a go, however there is still a matter of my parents holding me back from taking the drug. Do you have any idea how I could work around that issue?

Print your parents off these articles to read:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835909/pdf/de0103_0162.pdf

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Review+the+stats+when+explaining+isotretinoin+risks.-a0253225430

Show them this graph and table (click to enlarge):

post-145613-1302960805_thumb.jpg
MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/28/2013 1:46 am

i dont want so say accutane no, it helped to so much people, but i have some friend who tried to suicide with accutane and when they stopped it he buyed "illegaly" again and continue and tried to suicide again

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/28/2013 5:05 am

listen to your parents.. u r just 15,.. they kno wats r8 4 u... accutane is a drug wit so so many side effects.. its better if u dont take.. ur parents should never agree for it..cheer.gif in d pic ur skin is all red i cant see much pimples... try somthin gentle .. its gonna go........... try cetaphil.. like once in a day o once in 2 days.. u wil b fyn... are u using bp o sa now o overwashing your face....??