Notifications
Clear all

Accutane + Zineryt (Benzoyl Peroxide)

MemberMember
(@guitargod)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:11 pm

Hello!

I recently went to a dermatologist and he prescribed me accutane and zineryt (benzoyl peroxide) So I did what I always do and curiously googled if it is recommended to use both at the same time, I got some mixed answers, some people said it was fine, others said not to do it.

So what do you guys think?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:34 pm

Zineryt isnt benzoyl peroxide - its an antibiotic called erythromycin and zinc acetate. Its a very mild treatment, and it shouldnt irritate or dry your skin out at all - he's most likely given it to reduce the initial breakout that usually comes with accutane and to aid the healing process of anything thats on your skin now.

GuitarGod liked
MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 08/27/2013 12:36 pm

after the first few weeks of using accutane, your skin will become really dry. Topicals may dry your skin even more. Once you start noticing the dryness from Accutane, I would discontinue use.

MemberMember
(@guitargod)

Posted : 08/27/2013 1:54 pm

To Ramsay, sorry for my confusion and thanks for explaining that, it really makes me feel better! I hope that's what really happens! My biggest fear about this whole accutane thing was the initial breakout that everyone seems to get! I've always been (relatively) lucky enough to just have mild acne on my cheeks, if you had to guess would you say the initial breakout would be really bad? And would it really take up to about 9 months for mild cheek acne to clear up?

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 08/27/2013 3:10 pm

To Ramsay, sorry for my confusion and thanks for explaining that, it really makes me feel better! I hope that's what really happens! My biggest fear about this whole accutane thing was the initial breakout that everyone seems to get! I've always been (relatively) lucky enough to just have mild acne on my cheeks, if you had to guess would you say the initial breakout would be really bad? And would it really take up to about 9 months for mild cheek acne to clear up?

ive never taken accutane, just researched it loads when i considered taking it (just fyi). There's no real way of knowing, if it is mild then i cant imagine it getting REALLY bad but i'd be prepared for it to get a bit worse than what its looking like now. Again if its mild it'll probably clear up quicker than a more severe case which usually doesnt clear until the end of the course, so you might get results earlier on. See if you can find any accutane logs for people with milder acne that looks similair to yours and see what kind of results they got.

GuitarGod liked
MemberMember
(@guitargod)

Posted : 08/28/2013 1:30 am

Ahhh I see, one last question though, should I apply the zineryt on my entire face or just the affected areas?