Notifications
Clear all

Are These Clogged Pores?

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/27/2013 8:26 am

so iam starting to get these weird pimples. no whitehead and just small red bumps, they dont react on 5% BP. what to do ;(?

post-213863-0-15590400-1377609914_thumb.

post-213863-0-15590400-1377609914_thumb.

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/27/2013 10:09 am

My guess is: yes. If skin is not smooth, but bumpy, red, irritated, there is a good chance something is clogging those pores.

BP kills bacteria, but does not clear clogged pores.

I recommend Differin.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/27/2013 10:54 am

my doctor recommended me retin a 0.05 more, does it really cause breakout? how it can?? never any topical caused me breakout. but iam afraid because this is breakout famous topical.

MemberMember
(@salinas)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:10 am

my doctor recommended me retin a 0.05 more, does it really cause breakout? how it can?? never any topical caused me breakout. but iam afraid because this is breakout famous topical.

why not give it a try? If it breaks you out, you can always stop using it. As said, I recommend Differin over Retin A

I think the reason it can cause a breakout is because it pushes the stuff clogging pores to the surface. And when the plugs start moving, this is an opportunity for bacteria to enter the pore, feed on the sebum in the pore, and cause an infected pimple.

But this does not necessarily need to happen. I still use Differin (my skin is still purging), I get some mild pimples, that disappear quickly, but in most cases the stuff clogging my pores is pushed to the surface without pimples. My skin is becoming more smooth and refined every day. I must admit that I also did squeeze a lot, but but less and less, because there is not much to squeeze anymore (I hope). Remember: if you really want to solve the problem, you need to solve the root cause. Products like BP just treats the symptoms. You would want those pores to unclog one day, won't you?

If you get pimples, why not use BP together with a retenoid?

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:19 am

my biggest problem is it leaves marks.. i hate them so much

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:32 am

i use proactiv toner after washing my face everyday and it has glycolic acid in it which is great for clogged pores. i used to get clogged pores all the time but hardly ever get them anymore. i was even able to stop using my benzaclin everyday. if you dont like glycolic acid find another aha and use that daily. it will make a big difference in your skin. just be sure to wear spf everyday when going outside.

MemberMember
(@rolileisztner)

Posted : 08/27/2013 11:40 am

aha is what i use daily, it doesnt help anymore. maybe its stress related acne.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 08/27/2013 2:15 pm

hmm that is odd. which one are you using? maybe you need to switch it up and try something else.