Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mavor

Dans Moisturizer Burns - Need Alternative

Hi, I need a good alternative to dans moisturizer as I find it burning on my skin. I dont find that the actual treatment (benzoyl peroxide) burns anything that is unpleasant but the moisturizer does. Anyone experienced the same or have good alternative?

thank you

Are you just starting the regimen? Because when applying moisturizer/sunscreen/makeup will tend to sting. This is because your skin is still adjusting to the BP.

If not, then give Cerave or Cetaphil a try. Those two are pretty easy to find and they moisturize really well. I have tried using both of those.

I just started. But I'm considering to discontinue. It really makes my skin go red where I have scarring that hasnt healed. It heales really slow, and it only makes it looks worse.

I just started. But I'm considering to discontinue. It really makes my skin go red where I have scarring that hasnt healed. It heales really slow, and it only makes it looks worse.

That is all part of the regimen. It gets worse before it gets better. It is up to you, but if you decide to continue, try adding in jojoba oil with the moisturizer. It helps a lot with the dry and irritated skin.